cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GL502vs fans always at full speed even while Idle

Btkay
Level 7
I recently experienced my fans spinning at an annoying level even while the laptop is in Idle and not even using it. The fans reading on Hardware monitor reach 25 500 rpm and stay there even after rebooting. The cpu+gpu temeperatures are below 32°C so there is no reason for my fans to spin that fast and the sound is annoying and won't stop . Sometimes rebooting may fix the problem for about 20 minutes then all of a sudden they go om again. The laptop was purchased 8 month ago brand new and the problem started about 3 weeks ago. I have literally tried every method known to man with no luck including:
-6 Times factory reseting
-Updated all drivers to the latest version using IO booster and driver genius(including intel engine management/chipset...)
-Re flashed the latest bios 301 then downgraded to all possible versions
-Unplugged/replugged the fans connectors on the mobo
-Unplugged/replugged the CMOS battery on the mobo
-Contacted tech support in my region replying with no helpful clue whatsoever
-removed then re installed ram and hdds
-Completed drained the battery to 0% multiple times
-undervolted cpu xtu to -140mv and then to default
Note that Cpu/Gpu usage is ~0% and the laptop is placed on flat wooden surface in a cool air conditioned room
RMA is not an option for me as in my region such a thing is not possible
Please not that the problem started ever since a failed attempt to upgrade to windows 10 creators update and had reset the pc 6 times after that going back to old windows version as factory version. I am not the only experiencing this problem as many have the same problem on youtube and in the forums.
Please i am desperate and on the edge of hitting my 2400$ with a sledgehammer and turning my back on asus prodcuts all in all. Need a profesional solution and response from any ROG officials or users having fixed this problem
7 REPLIES 7

Nightwing113
Level 7
Btkay wrote:
I recently experienced my fans spinning at an annoying level even while the laptop is in Idle and not even using it. The fans reading on Hardware monitor reach 25 500 rpm and stay there even after rebooting. The cpu+gpu temeperatures are below 32°C so there is no reason for my fans to spin that fast and the sound is annoying and won't stop . Sometimes rebooting may fix the problem for about 20 minutes then all of a sudden they go om again. The laptop was purchased 8 month ago brand new and the problem started about 3 weeks ago. I have literally tried every method known to man with no luck including:
-6 Times factory reseting
-Updated all drivers to the latest version using IO booster and driver genius(including intel engine management/chipset...)
-Re flashed the latest bios 301 then downgraded to all possible versions
-Unplugged/replugged the fans connectors on the mobo
-Unplugged/replugged the CMOS battery on the mobo
-Contacted tech support in my region replying with no helpful clue whatsoever
-removed then re installed ram and hdds
-Completed drained the battery to 0% multiple times
-undervolted cpu xtu to -140mv and then to default
Note that Cpu/Gpu usage is ~0% and the laptop is placed on flat wooden surface in a cool air conditioned room
RMA is not an option for me as in my region such a thing is not possible
Please not that the problem started ever since a failed attempt to upgrade to windows 10 creators update and had reset the pc 6 times after that going back to old windows version as factory version. I am not the only experiencing this problem as many have the same problem on youtube and in the forums.
Please i am desperate and on the edge of hitting my 2400$ with a sledgehammer and turning my back on asus prodcuts all in all. Need a profesional solution and response from any ROG officials or users having fixed this problem

This seems to be a issue that is effecting many people. Anyhow, I was able to solve the problem through a program called NBFC ( Notebook fan control).

Disclaimer: NBfC is not offical from Asus sand you may break something if don't know what you are doing.

Thank you nightwing i will give NBFC a try but may i ask is the Gl502 supported? And how did you get the problem with the fans ? I am looking for a permanent fix from asus like a bios update because it is unacceptable that a company this big don't care about their customers and ignore many users facing this issue even the more expansive G752vs users are reporting the same thing

Btkay wrote:
Thank you nightwing i will give NBFC a try but may i ask is the Gl502 supported? And how did you get the problem with the fans ? I am looking for a permanent fix from asus like a bios update because it is unacceptable that a company this big don't care about their customers and ignore many users facing this issue even the more expansive G752vs users are reporting the same thing

I just use the nbfc default profiles. GL502VS is not present but I used the G751JL profile and it works just fine.

I don't know how I got it, I just noticed it a while ago while I was playing a game ( after closing it the fans never came quiete) then after a while it just happens randomly while I am not doing anything at all.
NBFC is a permenant fix. Since I like to set a custom fan curve and such, whether the notebook had the problem or not, I would have used the NBFC.

Nightwing113 wrote:
I just use the nbfc default profiles. GL502VS is not present but I used the G751JL profile and it works just fine.

I don't know how I got it, I just noticed it a while ago while I was playing a game ( after closing it the fans never came quiete) then after a while it just happens randomly while I am not doing anything at all.
NBFC is a permenant fix. Since I like to set a custom fan curve and such, whether the notebook had the problem or not, I would have used the NBFC.

Thank you for your fast reply will give it a try now and let you know

am experiencing the same issue right now - after a failed windows update attempt - the fan went berzek.
always on 100% speed even on idle and low temp of 40*.

i had the laptops a few good months before this happend,
unfourenatly the "notebook fan control" app does not work well because the fan would be either off or 100% (even if i select 16% speed, it will say the fan is 16% in the app but the actual fan's would still spin at 25,000 rpm, and i tried all the asus profiles in the app)

1.I am wondering if anyone got any solution?
2.i'm not sure if its hw or software issue, does your GL502vs fan spins up after 2 mins at BIOS as well? or only in windows?

any help would be appreciated, thanks!

luking
Level 7
My laptop got the same problem!!!!!!

dran2
Level 7
Same on gl553ve.