cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ai Suite 3 cause computer to crash

Wowerus
Level 7
I wanted to install Ai Suite for Fan Xpert to change the fan speed on my computer as in the summer it gets hot and my MOBO get 60+ celcius

When I installed Ai Suite the computer started to freeze, I could not play Overwatch cause my computers GPU was overclocked. I checked with GPU-Z and it was not at Stock. I uninstalled it and it was back to Stock and all games work as it should. I could not find anything in Ai Suite that could make it to work.
12 REPLIES 12

Wowerus
Level 7
MOBO: Hero VIII Hero
GPU: Gtx 1080 Strix
CPU: Skylake 6700K

ASUS-OP
Level 7
Hi Woeerus,

Do you mind to confirm if you have any other hardware monitor facilities running at the same time as the AiSuite 3? This includes:
- Everest
- SpeedFan
- Corsair Link
- HW Monitor

If you do have any of them running at the same time (even in the background) please remove them and see if this still occurs.

regards,

Wowerus wrote:
I wanted to install Ai Suite for Fan Xpert to change the fan speed on my computer as in the summer it gets hot and my MOBO get 60+ celcius

When I installed Ai Suite the computer started to freeze, I could not play Overwatch cause my computers GPU was overclocked. I checked with GPU-Z and it was not at Stock. I uninstalled it and it was back to Stock and all games work as it should. I could not find anything in Ai Suite that could make it to work.

ASUS-OP wrote:
Hi Woeerus,

Do you mind to confirm if you have any other hardware monitor facilities running at the same time as the AiSuite 3? This includes:
- Everest
- SpeedFan
- Corsair Link
- HW Monitor

If you do have any of them running at the same time (even in the background) please remove them and see if this still occurs.

regards,

I had speedfan installed as well. But I uninstalled it as I thought Fan Xpert would take over.
The answer is no I do not have any other software installed of those you asked.
Thanks for reply.

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Are you using the latest version of AI Suite for your motherboard?

I downloaded Ai Suite directly from my motherboards driver/software site at Asus.

Chino
Level 15

I did not run DIP5. I have read about it and I stay away from Overclocking as I think my computer still performs well.

Eleiyas
Level 10
Are you on the latest BIOS version?

JustinThyme
Level 13
I uninstalled AI Suite, got rid of all traces of it, installed aquaero and never looked back.

http://www.aquatuning.us/air-cooling/controllers/16058/aquacomputer-aquaero-6-pro-usb-fan-controller...

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein