cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interested in PG279Q you should better read inside

zaderoni
Level 7
Hello I'm an owner of an PG279Q. I can't even start talking about this monitor but let's have a try.

This monitor comes with so many problems that even if it costed 200$ I would consider to buy it.
From G-Sync module problems to ghosting to flickering to artifacts to slashes in between the screen to quality to f**** dead/stuck pixels control to ASUS itself
and finaly to the warranty it self. When you spent 900euros you want the best not the worst. How ASUS feel good when selling DOA monitors which are flagship?
How is this possible this is 2017. They can't double check their monitors before the distribute? I sold my monitor and I went with this crap and I RMA it 4 times.
4 times I went without monitor for 2 weeks each RMA. Guess what my final monitor has no BLB ( like u cant even notice it on the corners) but it has F***** stuck pixels. So I paid a lot of money ( Yea in my country you have to work 2 months to get this monitor ) and I have to watch this damn pixel or sit for another 2 weeks and get another destroyed PG279Q either from huge BLB or from other problems. I don't get how you people make this company so famous that it has absolute no problem for reputation damage. Each one of you (and me) would build a product test it and then make mass production. Sorry if I'm pissed but reading this aren't you? So stay away from this crap. Stick with other companies. Not the ones whos warranty say we don't cover dead pixel on arrival on 900euro monitor.
How am I supposed to sell this to get 70% of my money back? Who would buy a monitor with stuck pixels. I mean all people have a slight OSD. If you notice it its over you will look it all day long. Can anyone suggest me what to do? All my life I buy the best I can because sometimes cheap is more expensive than the most costly ( coz of problems ). This is the first time a company of this magnitude make me suffer this bad. I can litteraly pack it and throw it to the garbage.
The amount of phycological damage ( My job is the computer itself ) is big that I can even sue them for this poor quality.

Some other points:
165Hz is junk, it produces ghosting
FPS Counter? Hell no it just shows the HZ of the screen
Crosshair input? Hell no you can get banned for this ( I already did in game "Rust" )
Out of the box settings? Megacrap, you have to invest time and download a profile to make this monitor work
Warranty? They don't cover ****!

So my advice to all of you which I care for other humans is this.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS! You cant trust ASUS for monitors.
The best go with this is to buy a used one, which you can see that it works. (Works? What a rare phrase for asus monitors)

I can barely believe there are asus monitors out there working without BLB or dead pixels ( I mean guess go play some lottery if you have one )
Internet is full of information about this monitor or asus monitors.
5 REPLIES 5

Mamosha
Level 7
I know that feel bro. I was changed 4 monitors and after take my money back!

I totally understand your frustration in the subject. I still dont know if I'm lucky with my panel or not but comparing my old monitor and the new one I can say that this monitor is absolutely amazing... if you can get past the technical issues. But wait a second, why bypass the technical issues on £700 high end monitor? Why should it have such issues in the first place or why should we have to live with them. I don't totally buy this entire IPS comes with BLB argument, not that much BLB anyway. My previous monitor was an MX279 IPS monitor with no BLB or led glow at all, it cost 1/4 of the PG279Q.

tommiboi
Level 7
I have seen a lot of these issue. I feel lucky ..... Not much problems. But I do get some flickering. Not sure if this is the monitor or the GPU driver/GPU it self. Thing is I did need to check for like a few hours if the monitor had any defects. I didnt really enjoy doing that beacuse you pay so much for this monitor. Investing so much free time in it before you can enjoy it is just plane STUPID.

Anyways hope they will solve your issue ASAP.
Try more, Try harder, Try and previal

tommiboi wrote:
I have seen a lot of these issue. I feel lucky ..... Not much problems. But I do get some flickering. Not sure if this is the monitor or the GPU driver/GPU it self. Thing is I did need to check for like a few hours if the monitor had any defects. I didnt really enjoy doing that beacuse you pay so much for this monitor. Investing so much free time in it before you can enjoy it is just plane STUPID.

Anyways hope they will solve your issue ASAP.

Guys pls can you tell me do you have a small tiny green spots (like little stuck subpixels) on the black screen (you can see they about from 5sm from the monitor)

Mamosha wrote:
Guys pls can you tell me do you have a small tiny green spots (like little stuck subpixels) on the black screen (you can see they about from 5sm from the monitor)

No thank god. NO...

just you guys al know ! Love this monitor even with the flickering sometimes. During gaming I have ZERO issues.

Am sad you guys have prbolems with it.

Only thing I dont understand from ASUS how these monitors pass the quality controlls? How can mess up this MUCH.
Try more, Try harder, Try and previal