cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS KBL - unknown USB device (link in compliance mode)

simi_id
Level 7
Hello,

I've attached an external hdd drive on USB 3.0 to G752VS KBL, it is detecting the hard drive, i can access it, but after few sleeps or restarts, I still can see the drive and access it, but I get this error in Device Manager - Universal Serial Bus controllers - "Unknown USB Device (Link in Compliance Mode) and the next restart it's taking 10-15 seconds more to boot and also another 10 seconds until I login to Windows, it's trying to detect the drive, even the drive it's working.
How can I fix this error ? I've tried to update the drivers and also for Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft) but it says that I already have the latest drivers.
Did I missed to install something ?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Clintlgm
Level 14
No you didn't miss anything to do with drivers. What's happening is your USB drive is suspending when your computer sleeps and not waking up correctly when you notebook wakes up.. Go to power setting in the power plan you are using select advanced setting USB Setting Disable Selective suspend in plugged in mode
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
No you didn't miss anything to do with drivers. What's happening is your USB drive is suspending when your computer sleeps and not waking up correctly when you notebook wakes up.. Go to power setting in the power plan you are using select advanced setting USB Setting Disable Selective suspend in plugged in mode

Thank you,
But is it something wrong with the motherboard or with the usb controller ? Because I read some old forums from 2012 where the most users which had this issue with their motherboard, they rma'd the desktop motherboard.
Or is driver/os related ?

If you right side port are working fine, the driver has nothing to do with it. All 4 ports use the same drivers.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro