cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG G20CI fans issue

Announcement
Level 7
Hi guys,

I just got a G20ci (Nvidia 1070) recently. Sometimes the fan spins, sometime they don't . I have attached 3 screenshots. I am not sure is it :

1: qfan control/bios issue? I have installed the latest one.
2: fans issue? but i think not...fan is very simple object, either it spins or it doesn't
3: mother board issue?
4: intel i7-7700 issue? mine is not 7700k.

I read through some of the thread, saw 1 or 2 persons also have this issue?

cpu fan not spinning i cannot accept.

But problem will go away if i reboot.

Thanks in advance.

15 REPLIES 15

a0R86
Level 7
Unfortunately, yes. This is an issue which can't be solved. I have sent my G20CI twice to Asus repairshop and they have replaced the fans and mobo but problem still remains. If i put the computer to sleep or reboot, both fans will work. But I have never seen the CPU fan go 0rpm though.

i escalated to support and here's what they replied :

"Thank you for contacting ASUS Mail Support.
My name is XXXXXXX and it is my pleasure to assist you with your enquiry.
We are glad to have the opportunity to review your concern and provide feedback.
Regarding your concerns, kindly be informed that the chassis and CPU fan of the Desktop would start spinning when the temperature of the Desktop reaches a certain level. Please monitor whether your Desktop's internal fans would spin when the desktop is hot (for example from playing games). We would require this information in order to assist you effectively.
If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you.
Thank you and have a nice day!
Best regards,
"

The troubleshooting done by the service center was to check if the fans were spinning allthough the AEGIS was showing 0 rpm and both fans were spinning. You can't possibly check that without voiding you warranty.

I don't know about your CPU but mine can sometimes bump up to 100C and hoover around 95 when playing intense fps games. I guess I got a bad chip or bad TIM between chipset and IHS....

a0R86 wrote:
The troubleshooting done by the service center was to check if the fans were spinning although the AEGIS was showing 0 rpm and both fans were spinning. You can't possibly check that without voiding you warranty.

I don't know about your CPU but mine can sometimes bump up to 100C and hoover around 95 when playing intense fps games. I guess I got a bad chip or bad TIM between chipset and IHS....

1: if fan spins but Windows showing 0 rpm, then i think it is temperature sensors on the MB, these are controlled by bios. not sure is it bad chips or buggy bios. You are right about opening the chassis, i so wanted to do that to see if my fan actually spins but that would void the warranty.

2: mine didn't reach that high . I played Dishorned 2 and you know this game, it is the most graphic demanding game out there. I played at ultra setting but cpu temp is below 80. But GPU temp will be high. hence i use evga precision to control the gpu fan. the aegis won't contol GPU fan if you haven't notice.

3: The support want me to contact them again if my G20ci get very hot and fans still not spinning. there's nothing i could do now but to observe. I am using open hardwaremonitor to do it, which is a very nice gadget, i dont have to open Aegis at all time.

Mortex
Level 7
I have bad stuttering and frame drops in every game on this computer, Also textures are flickering.. Any help?

Mortex wrote:
I have bad stuttering and frame drops in every game on this computer, Also textures are flickering.. Any help?

are you running Nvidia 1070 ? are you using latest driver from Nvidia? or probably a bad card. log a case.

Mortex wrote:

Download RealTemp and log your maximum GPU temp. If the issues remains allthough the temps are good, there is something wrong with the card...

You could also check if the 2 powerbricks are connected properly.

This is not norm. temperature 94 degree Celsius, CPU rpm 0

Update your G20ci bios to ver 1202 it should fix the fan problem.