Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    Hello

While your constant whining at places like Overclock.net are tolerable because they can be ignored you will not post at this forum in a derogatory manner to any member of this forum including myself. Consider this the only post that will be made cautioning your manner of posting.

Hello

Elmor is ASUS. Using a BIOS that he has posted is not going to invalidate the motherboard's warranty. The Beta BIOS versions are being posted at Overclock.net because of the number of users there in addition to the reason Elmor previously gave on this forum.
    This still doesn't really explain why we get 0 communication from anyone from Asus.
    Or why the beta hasn't been uploaded to the actual download site if it works properly.

I'm trying to stay patient, however I notice both Gigabyte and ASRock have had beta 1.0.0.6 BIOS' up for quite a while now...
    Hopefully the explanation is they don't want to release a new BIOS until it works perfectly & includes RGB control inside of the BIOS.

I'm also only able to get a 3.7 max OC on my 1700 which makes me more frustrated about the whole situation, however I understand that this has little to do with BIOS updates. A decent OC on my memory would heal the pain hahaha

ROG Enthusiast Array sphinx64 PC Specs
    sphinx64 PC Specs
    MotherboardC6H
    ProcessorRyzen 1800x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LED CMU16GX4M2C3200C16 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM X4
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX Radeon RX 480 Graphics (8 GB)
    MonitorAcer S271HL [27" LCD] (LUW0D0058530)
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 512GB M.2
    Storage #2INTEL SSDSC2CW240A (240 GB)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H80
    CaseCooler Master Storm Sniper
    Power SupplyCorsair CMPSU-850HX
    Keyboard Logitech K360
    Mouse Logitech M500
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z506
    OS Win 10 Pro x64

I know how an important role Elmor plays in the development of bioses and I also know how crucial it is the people in overclock.net are in this process and how they help the development. I do not undermine or disregard these, but I also know something about corporate practices, directives and policies Praz. Anyhow, if you are saying this is how the system is now, OK, but only time will tell...

Thanks for the explanation.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

I feel you.

We don't get zero communications but what we get is unsatisfactory over here. There is more over on overclock.net, but even there people are muttering about Elmor's silence and the lack of a good BIOS candidate.

The simplest, best thing would be one or both of 9943/45 with the ability to read XMP and fill in the new memory configuration registers. Many of us have had great success getting many different memory kits to work by doing that manually. If that showed up, I will tell you a lot of people would perk up.

I can't run my 1700 reasonably over 3.8 ghz. Thought I could, but as it turns out the telemetry on voltage is underestimating by more than 0.05 volts which puts me way over 1.4 volts to get to 3.9 on the CPU. I measured it with a meter and was sufficiently impressed (in a bad way) to drop my voltage and clock. My system says my voltage is 3.52 but it's actually 1.417 at full load.

One thing that did help though was expanding the CPU power margin in the Digi Power Options (I think, or Tweakers Paradise). It's expressed in percent and change it from Auto to say 120% or 130%. Why I THINK that made a difference is that somewhere the system knows it's a 65 watt TDP and is limiting the power (by suddenly dropping voltage) when the power level gets high. Happens so quickly you might not catch it on a telemetry graph, or you might just crash when the voltage drops.

I may be tripping, but my OC got better stress test performance when I did that.
    Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

New ROGer Array

i am an electronic engineer, and also a purchasing engineer, so i know something about product support, when i buy a premium product i expect a premium support, just looking into the asus prime x370 pro you can see 7 bios, comparing with CH6 only 3, and asus prime also has beta bios, maybe i am wrong but i only install bios that appear in the official webpage, as as far as i can see 9943 and 9945 are not there, so they must be plagued with bugs if asus did not put in the webpage. i just want to see my memory working at least at 2933, i see on the internet that people run this memory at least 2933 with new bios in other mobos.

ROG Member Array

Eh...Honestly, all I care about is ASUS providing us with decent support for this motherboard .

Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    Hello

While your constant whining at places like Overclock.net are tolerable because they can be ignored you will not post at this forum in a derogatory manner to any member of this forum including myself. Consider this the only post that will be made cautioning your manner of posting.

Hello

Elmor is ASUS. Using a BIOS that he has posted is not going to invalidate the motherboard's warranty. The Beta BIOS versions are being posted at Overclock.net because of the number of users there in addition to the reason Elmor previously gave on this forum.
    Last edited by virpz; 06-13-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Here's a link to the 9943 and 9945 BIOS. Up to you whether you "trust" them or feel like finding them. They work have added memory dividers and opened up some subtimings. http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/r...#post_26106654

ex-ASUS Employee Array Eleiyas PC Specs
    Eleiyas PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA
    ProcessorAMD FX 8370
    Memory (part number)Corsair 8GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon HD 6950 - 2G
    MonitorLG Flatron E2240T 21.5'' 1080p Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 1TB 7200RPM 32MB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM 64MB 6GB/s
    CPU CoolerAMD Wraith Cooler
    CaseNZXT Lexa S
    Power SupplyCorsair CX600 600W (Bronze)
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless AZERTY
    Mouse Microsoft Wireless
    Headset Evil Witchcraft II Gaming Headset (Black/Red)
    Mouse Pad Wild Wolf Hunter
    Headset/Speakers 4Gamers 2.1 Sound-System
    OS Windows 10 Professional - Creator's
    Network RouterZiggo

Quote Originally Posted by isanvicente View Post
    just looking into the asus prime x370 pro you can see 7 bios, comparing with CH6 only 3
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...0082-0083-1107

With the BIOSes posted here and the 2 BETA AGESA .6 BIOSes, that makes 7 for the C6H as well.

I can't say why they're not on the official website, maybe because they're also mostly test BIOSes. I know that each of the new MBs is being worked on over at HQ and I also know they want to put out quality for you, the consumers, which is probably why there's been a lot of silence from those guys lately.

I think I can say that I think you would prefer a working BIOS that took 2/3/4 months to create, rather than a new BIOS every other day that fixes one thing, but breaks 20 different others.

I know it's frustrating for you all, that you bought a brand new MB and it's not working how it should/ how you expected, but please be patient

I know it's also easy to say that one MB is being worked on more than the other, because of this or that reason, but it simply isn't the case.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

1401 is up in the sticky thread

Quote Originally Posted by Johan45 View Post
    Here's a link to the 9943 and 9945 BIOS. Up to you whether you "trust" them or feel like finding them. They work have added memory dividers and opened up some subtimings. http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/r...#post_26106654
    Hello

They work well for me also as shown in the screenshot below. Which is surprising since they are not posted at ASUS.com they must be full of bugs. LOL. I have now moved on to the official 1401 version. However since it is not yet posted at ASUS.com it must also be irrelevant.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3600_1.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	417.7 KB 
ID:	65325

ROG Member Array

New bios incoming, forget about this alpha status bios crap.

For those who want to try it.

"http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread/19300_50#post_26158916

elmor
    AGESA 1006 RC4 official

Just tested quickly 3600 memory and cold booting, seems good but you guys are going to have to help me test this before we have a judgement. Seems CPU temp reading from SIO now has -20*C offset for XFR enabled CPUs."

I can tell it works REALLY good already, pretty sure ill be happy with the final release. Now, I am only missing a proper audio driver.
    Last edited by virpz; 06-13-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast