cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS PRIME X370-PRO more support than CH6?, why?

isanvicente
Level 7
I have been following new agesa 1006 bios as i have G.Skill F4-3200C16D-16GVK memory, with 1201 bios i only can achieve 2666, what surprised me is that, ASUS PRIME X370-PRO have a 1006 agesa beta on the asus web, but CH6 does not, a expensive mobo such as CH6 shoud have the best support, but i look into ASUS PRIME X370-PRO and they have a lot of bios updates, but CH6 does not, why is this, i love premium products, i also have a ASUS phoebus sound card, but the slow support surprise me. hope we have a agesa 1006 bios update soon
31 REPLIES 31

entropic-remnan
Level 9
Yeah, if you figure out the answer to that let us all know. Pretty disgusted with ASUS approach to this mobo and the problems it's had.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

entropic-remnants wrote:
Yeah, if you figure out the answer to that let us all know. Pretty disgusted with ASUS approach to this mobo and the problems it's had.

They will probably put the blame on AMD but then ASUS can't even provide us with updated audio drivers for this motherboard, forget about a decent bios.

If anybody has been thinking about the purchase of the C6H think twice and get the AsRock Taichi - even the crap AsRock support is better than what asus is providing US with the C6H. The Taichi is able to p-state hassle free, their bios is much better than what you have with the C6H and also they do provide updated drivers for products that are less than 4 months old.

Yes, we are pissed and tired of cheap excuses from fanboys and Reps trying to back you !

entropic-remnan
Level 9
^^^ Word.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

alexjames
Level 7
Maybe if we send enough emails complaining about it to their support team they'll take notice...
I can't run my 3200Mhz rated corsair kit at anything above 2133Mhz.

I feel lucky my RGB lights work even when using the AURA software..

Praz
Level 13
isanvicente wrote:
what surprised me is that, ASUS PRIME X370-PRO have a 1006 agesa beta on the asus web, but CH6 does not, a expensive mobo such as CH6 shoud have the best support, but i look into ASUS PRIME X370-PRO and they have a lot of bios updates, but CH6 does not, why is this,

Hello

The C6H had 1006 AGESA Beta BIOS, 2 versions actually, support long before the PRO board.

Praz wrote:
Hello

The C6H had 1006 AGESA Beta BIOS, 2 versions actually, support long before the PRO board.

Actually two BETA bios that are so freaking bugged that asus won't even release on their webpage.

If you're going to post half truths then don't even try cause it won't work.

they cannot say anything about AMD, as what i have said in the post, the ASUS prime370 has much better support than CH6, just look in the official webpage and look the historic of bios. So please people from asus give us support as we have bought a premium mobo. ROG must mean something. The 2 bios people talk about 9943 and 9945 they do not even appear in ASUS webpage, but ASUS PRIME has an agesa 1006 bios beta in the official asus webpage

I am a little confused here. I thought whatever is going on on overclock.net forums was said to be NON-OFFICIAL to ASUS. Anything that appears on those pages are NON-OFFICIAL as far as I know and whatever you were experimenting on would be up to your own will and if you got a bricked MB, than you gave up your rights to RMA due to a NON-OFFICIAL bios version published in a NON-OFFICIAL and NON-ASUS SUPPORTED FORUM.
I hope that I am right until at this point, because there seems to be a lot of confusion around this and other forums. As far as OFFICIAL goes, the OFFICIAL PRODUCT LAUNCH PAGE, unless was being announced otherwise somewhere, is not OVERCLOCK.NET but OFFICIAL ASUS PRODUCT PAGE, where anyone can download product drivers and bioses which is; https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/. Correct me if I am wrong, but if you download something from this OFFICIAL PRODUCT LAUNCH PAGE, and you get a brick, then you have the warranty that will allow you to RMA the board without a hassle. May be I am all wrong, and please correct me if so, but as far as my memory tells me that this MB was launched by ASUS, but not overclock.net.
As far as the "OFFICIAL PAGE" goes, I do not see any OFFICIAL AGESA microcode 1.0.0.6 bios version uploaded there.
Regards.

virpz wrote:
Actually two BETA bios that are so freaking bugged that asus won't even release on their webpage.

If you're going to post half truths then don't even try cause it won't work.

Hello

While your constant whining at places like Overclock.net are tolerable because they can be ignored you will not post at this forum in a derogatory manner to any member of this forum including myself. Consider this the only post that will be made cautioning your manner of posting.

sphinx64 wrote:
I am a little confused here. I thought whatever is going on on overclock.net forums was said to be NON-OFFICIAL to ASUS. Anything that appears on those pages are NON-OFFICIAL as far as I know and whatever you are experimenting on would be up to your own will and if you got a bricked MB, than you gave up your rights to RMA due to a NON-OFFICIAL bios version published in a NON-OFFICIAL and NON-ASUS SUPPORTED FORUM.
I hope that I am right until at this point, because there seems to be a lot of confusion around this and other forums. As far as OFFICIAL goes, the OFFICIAL PRODUCT LAUNCH PAGE, unless was being announced otherwise somewhere, is not OVERCLOCK.NET but OFFICIAL ASUS PRODUCT PAGE, where anyone can download product drivers and bioses which is; https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/. Correct me if I am wrong, but if you download something from this OFFICIAL PRODUCT LAUNCH PAGE, and you get a brick, then you have the warranty that will allow you to RMA the board without a hassle. May be I am all wrong, and please correct me if so, but as far as my memory tells me that this MB was launched by ASUS, but not overclock.net.
As far as the "OFFICIAL PAGE" goes, I do not see any OFFICIAL AGESA microcode 1.0.0.6 bios version uploaded there.
Regards.

Hello

Elmor is ASUS. Using a BIOS that he has posted is not going to invalidate the motherboard's warranty. The Beta BIOS versions are being posted at Overclock.net because of the number of users there in addition to the reason Elmor previously gave on this forum.