cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS - black screen, SSD disk failure, GPU unstable, backlit LED not working

drazac
Level 7
Greetings,

My ASUS ROG G752VS-GC054T is 1 (One) month old and I am having major issues with it.

First, the small one:

1) After automatic BIOS update to v. 306 , backlight LED where battery is and those two stripes on the lid stopped working (it was working fine before the update)
- Tried searching through the forums for how to fix this, and I couldn't find anything

Next, major ones (I have noticed that these started happening after Windows Creator update, could be related, but again, I am only guessing here)

2) Have noticed that in Windows Event Viewer there are several "Warning" events with ID 52. This is what is says:

The driver has detected that device \Device\Harddisk1\DR1 has predicted that it will fail. Immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent.

Harddisk1 is my SSD drive, as for DR1, its Drive 1 (D: disk - this is my DATA disk). C: disk is is where my OS is.

Now, I haven't had any problems so far with the drive itself, it seems to be working fine. I've done tests with several HDD/SSD checking softwares and none of them are reporting any issues. Even built in Windows Disk checker is reporting no issues. But still Event Viewir is continuing to issue these warnings on a daily basis.

- I found one thread on this forum, where guy from Serbia bought almost the same model as I (think his was G752VS OC edition) and he reported that his SSD failed, so he returned it to where he bought it from.

3) Sometimes, during initial boot (lets say in the morning, turning on the notebook), screen will remain black.

Waited for 15 minutes in hope the screen will get back up, but it never did, so I had to force shutdown the PC.

These 3 Warning Events is what the Event Viewer reported when screen was black (so it seems Windows booted, but nothing was shown):

Event ID 16002: Closing a UDP socket with local port number 60620 in process 2164 is taking longer than expected. The local port number may not be available until the close operation is completed. This happens typically due to misbehaving network drivers. Ensure latest updates are installed for Windows and any third-party networking software including NIC drivers, firewalls, or other security products.

Event ID 16002: Closing a UDP socket with local port number 64109 in process 2164 is taking longer than expected. The local port number may not be available until the close operation is completed. This happens typically due to misbehaving network drivers. Ensure latest updates are installed for Windows and any third-party networking software including NIC drivers, firewalls, or other security products.

Event ID 2004: Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: MBAMService.exe (1108) consumed 260313088 bytes, ekrn.exe (1844) consumed 59748352 bytes, and dwm.exe (6404) consumed 51384320 bytes.

You might say, increase you Virtual Memory, which I can do, but the thing is, I don't want to, because this shouldn't be happeninng in the first place

- Tried searching the forum for Black screen, there were couple of them, but nothing concrete in how to fix this

4) GPU GTX1070 will sometimes fail/crash while playing Video games (not all games though, some work others don't).

It happens with several iterations of nvidia drivers. System will freeze and then reeboot itself, or game will actually crash to desktop with DIRECT X error message saying:

DIRECT X device HANG
DIRECT X device removed

Again, this only happens with one game that I am playing so it could be that there the game itself is the problem and there is no GPU issue.

Things that I have done to try to improve/fix things:

1) Delete Gaming Control Center
2) Install "unlocked" BIOS where I can tinker with OC settings if I want and when I want
3) Disable Turbo mode and revert CPU to default speed (2700 MHz) - yes, no Turbo mode
4) Monitoring temps and they are more than fine, they are really good
5) Ran Blend Prime95 for 23 hours, 0 errors, 0 warrning.
6) Ran FFT Prime95 test for 23 hours, 0 errors, 0 warrnings.
7) Ran Heaven, Furmark benchmark to test GPU - no crashes
😎 Run several HDD/SSD testing benchmarks to check the status of the failing drive

I think I have done more than enough in order to improve/fix things. But my OC/fix everything days are over, don't wanna mess with these things anymore.

I got a general impression from this forum, that ASUS support guys are not really here and they don't really care, so the only ones who will jump to anyones aid are you guys.

So, please if any of you have any tips or workarounds how to fix all these issues above, or if you can give me your opinion, should I just return this unit and get a replacement, please, don't hesitate to post it.

Thank you.
0 REPLIES 0