cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Edition 10 - No boot Q-code b0 - Help needed!

ORZOWEI
Level 7
Hello everybody, my mainboard refuses to boot and it stops the boot cycle with code b0 and the led in the picture is blinking.
I´ve tried to switch to the other bios, but the led is not changing. Also tried to force Bios update flashing the last version (1701) from a pendrive using Bios Flashback (without luck).

I also tried different memory slots and sticks combinations with the same result.

A couple of times I managed to get into the bios, and I updated it first using EZ Update, but never booted again.

I´m out of ideas, please help and thanks in advance, my job depends on this computer, and now it wont boot 😞

http://i63.tinypic.com/1zfkew0.jpg[/IMG]"]
22 REPLIES 22

Darren_Stevens
Level 9

Darren_Stevens
Level 9
Try using 1 ram stick at a time in DIMM_D1

Darren Stevens wrote:
Try using 1 ram stick at a time in DIMM_D1

Thanks for your answer, I already tried that with the same result.

I´m even getting the same code (60) and no beeps if I remove ALL the memory sticks...

Darren_Stevens
Level 9
Did u try cold boot every time ? (Turning PSU off wait until all power bleeds from MB)

Darren Stevens wrote:
Did u try cold boot every time ? (Turning PSU off wait until all power bleeds from MB)

Yes, same result, and also tried removing the battery from the mainboard, but that pesky boot code is still there!

Darren_Stevens
Level 9
Maybe try re seating CPU & check the pins out while your at it, mine has done the same on the odd occasion, I just cold boot & it comes good

davemon50
Level 11
Please post your system specs,or at least what model and mfg RAM kit are you installing? Recommend you seat and reseat your RAM, being very firm, and assure it is locked in place. Disconnect all drives until you can POST may help if you have a hardware fault. Make sure you have all the power cables firmly locked into the motherboard, 12V + 24-pin.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Please post your system specs,or at least what model and mfg RAM kit are you installing? Recommend you seat and reseat your RAM, being very firm, and assure it is locked in place. Disconnect all drives until you can POST may help if you have a hardware fault. Make sure you have all the power cables firmly locked into the motherboard, 12V + 24-pin.

Thanks for your answer, my system is i7 6800K and I´m doing tests with a kit of Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3200 PC-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16.

It looks like error code is b0 (memory related) but my system was running with those memories for months without problems...

I´m still trying to fix this, but this mainboard seems to be dead. Even removing my graphic card I got the same code b0 and there are no beeps booting without VGA.

No beeps, no post, nothing, only that code and a blinking amber light...