cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Armoury & Aura issues

MxFragz
Level 7
Hi all,

I'm using Claymore keyboard and Spatha mouse with a Z270E motherboard.
I have tons of issues with Armoury and Aura.

Aura :

• Displays 2 error messages at startup : "install driver failed" and "start driver failed", then proceed to start
  • Spatha mouse is not detected by AURA when connected wirelessly through the usb dongle provided with the mouse.
  • A click on the refresh button in Aura (top right corner) simply freezes the software that needs to be killed manually
  • o When my keyboard is synchronized with AURA (in order to match light effects on all peripherals), all the hot keys do not work anymore. I cannot use or record macros, I cannot change backlight intensity, I cannot change light pattern, I cannot change fans speed, etc... No hotkey shortcut at all works, unless I desynchronize the keyboard from AURA.
  • Also, if keyboard is synchronized with AURA, keyboard randomly fails to register hits on keys, or sometimes register multiple ones instead of one

Armoury:

• Armoury takes up to 20+% of my CPU time through the process : "WMI Provider Host" (I have a i7 7700K...)
  • Armoury does not set my keyboard profile when I start my PC. The keyboard is set to a "breathing white light" although all the other components are set to their profile properly. I need to start Armoury, at this point, the keyboard goes to "rainbow mode", and then click on my profile to finally have it set properly.

Any fix or work around to any of those issues is welcome.

Also, if any Asus staff can see this :
Are you guys working on some new version / improvements of the softwares you provide with your hardware ? Most of them are very poorly developed, and not user friendly at all. I wouldn't mind if it was doing the job, but it doesn't.
This is a legit question I'd like to be answered, not being rhetorical.
I would be fine keeping my peripherals if I know a better software management is on the way. But if you don't plan to improve them, it's just shameful to sell this hardware at such high price.
11 REPLIES 11

MxFragz
Level 7
Hey guys, I think your customers might be experiencing problems with Aura : https://imgur.com/a/iWpET

I'm not sure though.

Bahz
Level 12
Thanks for listing out all the issues you're having, actually each of the mentioned issues already have existing threads. Might be helpful to list all the software versions that you have installed and it will make it easier for everyone to help troubleshoot your issues.

I should have mentioned that.
I am running ALL the latest software and firmware versions.

Armoury 1.01.27
Aura 1.04.42

I would need to check the mouse and keyboard precise version when I get home, but I've checked for update yesterday or the day before and had no updates available. They're both on last version too.

Thanks for you answer.

MxFragz wrote:
I should have mentioned that.
I am running ALL the latest software and firmware versions.

Armoury 1.01.27
Aura 1.04.42

I would need to check the mouse and keyboard precise version when I get home, but I've checked for update yesterday or the day before and had no updates available. They're both on last version too.

Thanks for you answer.

Great that helps. For the AURA software for motherboard, based on other user feedback the latest version already has improved on CPU usage. Anytime any software is using custom effects then it's all done by software so it's unavoidable that the CPU usage is much higher, same goes for music effect which also uses software computation to allow that effect to work. If you use normal effects like color cycle or breathing then you'll notice it will use a lot less CPU.

Here's the original thread on high CPU usage:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?89519-Asus-Aura-Software-using-up-to-20-CPU

Bahz wrote:
Great that helps. For the AURA software for motherboard, based on other user feedback the latest version already has improved on CPU usage. Anytime any software is using custom effects then it's all done by software so it's unavoidable that the CPU usage is much higher, same goes for music effect which also uses software computation to allow that effect to work. If you use normal effects like color cycle or breathing then you'll notice it will use a lot less CPU.

Here's the original thread on high CPU usage:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?89519-Asus-Aura-Software-using-up-to-20-CPU

I'm running a static color on keyboard, mouse, motherboard and graphics card.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Download and install the latest versions
Armory is 1.01.34
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/accessory/ROG_Spatha/ROG_Armoury_v10134.zip?_ga=2.89962459.15360...

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Download and install the latest versions
Armory is 1.01.34
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/accessory/ROG_Spatha/ROG_Armoury_v10134.zip?_ga=2.89962459.15360...

Why is v1.01.27 the latest version on Asus's official support website ?
https://www.asus.com/us/Keyboards-Mice/ROG-Claymore-Core/HelpDesk_Download/

Uninstalled v1.01.27.
Rebooted.
Installed v1.01.34.
Rebooted.

It hasn't fixed a single issue. In fact it got worse.

Armoury now between 30~50% usage (!!!) when running in the background.
Also, I cannot set the colors of my peripherals manually (cannot set a value for R, for G, and for B myself).

But thanks for pointing out a newer version was available. It was on the Spatha support's page, but not on the Claymore's.

MxFragz wrote:
Uninstalled v1.01.27.
Rebooted.
Installed v1.01.34.
Rebooted.

It hasn't fixed a single issue. In fact it got worse.

Armoury now between 30~50% usage (!!!) when running in the background.
Also, I cannot set the colors of my peripherals manually (cannot set a value for R, for G, and for B myself).

But thanks for pointing out a newer version was available. It was on the Spatha support's page, but not on the Claymore's.

Just to clarify for you the reason why there are different Armoury versions listed is because specific versions were released for a specific new product. Other peripheral devices may also have new FW that's required in order for this version to work properly but since these other devices aren't thoroughly tested with that version, so that's why we don't list that version in other product pages. It's pretty much considered a beta for all other devices, I understand this may be confusing to some people and I already reflected this issue. We hope in the future to release new Armoury versions that will be listed in every product page.