cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG xg station 2 plasma tube dead again

John998
Level 7
Hi,
I just want to know if anyone has problem with the plasma tube in Asus ROG XG Station 2, this is the second unit I have the same problem, the first one didn't light up at the first time, the second unit worked for first two days and now it's dead again. Is there anyone has any issue with the plasma tube? What should I do with it, get a replacement again or return it?

John
7 REPLIES 7

ASUS-OP
Level 7
Hi John998,

This is about the first time we have heard it gone faulty to date.
Can you please kindly install the new AURA software, and see if your Plasma tube has been set to off state by any chance?
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Multimedia/ROG_XG_STATION2/AURA_RGBLightingControlforGraphiccard-RO...

Many thanks.

regards,

John998 wrote:
Hi,
I just want to know if anyone has problem with the plasma tube in Asus ROG XG Station 2, this is the second unit I have the same problem, the first one didn't light up at the first time, the second unit worked for first two days and now it's dead again. Is there anyone has any issue with the plasma tube? What should I do with it, get a replacement again or return it?

John

Thanks for your reply,

This is the second unit I have problem with the plasma tube (both have consecutive serial numbers), it used to work for two days, now when I press the power button, I can hear the buzz sound(like a fluo light starter), but the tube just never light up, I uploaded a video to youtube for what I means https://youtu.be/YXQF27e67w0, I will try the new software tonight, hope it can solve my issue.

J.

Just an update for this, I've tried to reinstall the new software and drivers, but it doesn't help. so I guess it's the hardware issue.

Hi John998,

Thank you for the update.
Please kindly help to check your private message, if you can help to provide the serial number of both case and RMA number of the first case, we will be able to track down the faulty unit to investigate this matter for you.

Many thanks for your kind helps in advanced.

regards,

John998 wrote:
Just an update for this, I've tried to reinstall the new software and drivers, but it doesn't help. so I guess it's the hardware issue.

I bought XG Station 2 four months ago and used it not often. It was switched off for about a month and now CCFL plasma tube is dead. I live in Belgium, but could not find product here, then I've found it in Germany online store. Belgium 'support' replied that should ask Germany 'support' because It has 'local warranty'. So I went to the same 'support page' and repeated questions how to repair, where to send/bring and so on, but selected 'Germany' in countries dropdown and that is little bit odd. Germany support said that "The specified product cannot be registered for repair via Asus. Please contact your dealer / source for repair" (without explanations). Online store cyberport.de responded that I can send it to them and they will send it to Asus.

Actually it was third or fourth time, when I switched it on, so in my case tube became dead very fast also. Would be better to not add tube to unit design at all or make easily replaceable (just buy and install), so it would not be required to have a headache with warranty, mailing support, figuring out where is a repair service, figuring out how to deliver unit to repair service (and spend money for delivery). Even if it not important and XG is still functional, now I have feeling of owning broken expensive thing and this is disappointing. Seems that such expensive equipment should not break after 3rd use even if it is a design element. Would be better to remove this design, make it cheaper and more reliable.

Kostyantyn Melnychuk wrote:
I bought XG Station 2 four months ago and used it not often. It was switched off for about a month and now CCFL plasma tube is dead. I live in Belgium, but could not find product here, then I've found it in Germany online store. Belgium 'support' replied that should ask Germany 'support' because It has 'local warranty'. So I went to the same 'support page' and repeated questions how to repair, where to send/bring and so on, but selected 'Germany' in countries dropdown and that is little bit odd. Germany support said that "The specified product cannot be registered for repair via Asus. Please contact your dealer / source for repair" (without explanations). Online store cyberport.de responded that I can send it to them and they will send it to Asus.

Actually it was third or fourth time, when I switched it on, so in my case tube became dead very fast also. Would be better to not add tube to unit design at all or make easily replaceable (just buy and install), so it would not be required to have a headache with warranty, mailing support, figuring out where is a repair service, figuring out how to deliver unit to repair service (and spend money for delivery). Even if it not important and XG is still functional, now I have feeling of owning broken expensive thing and this is disappointing. Seems that such expensive equipment should not break after 3rd use even if it is a design element. Would be better to remove this design, make it cheaper and more reliable.

Hi Kostyantyn,
Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. Are you just using the XG without a working plasma tube now? I will talk to the team about this issue.
Unfortunately, warranty for products which are bought from another country is really problematic for everyone. International warranty is only available in selected regions and products, while for everyone else you will need to sent it back to the country where the warranty applies. Really wish this wasn't the case, but it's difficult to anticipate selling a product in one country and being expected to provide support for it in another country.

Same issue. This is now my third replacement unit from the retailer and now I'm out of the replacements and off to repairs. Too bad that on Hungary the retailers swallow the manufacturer warranty and they try to "repair" the faulty products on their own. If you take your product to the manufacturer you lost your warranty from the retailer perspective. Anyhow firsts unit 2 days, second unit 5days and third (aka current unit) took two turn off & turn on cycles to make the plasma tube go dead. I'm using it without.