cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram Help

Medic01
Level 7
Hi, I have a Ryzen 1700x on the ROG x370 hero 6 board. Have been having major issues since day one. The ram Iam using isn't listed on the list for compatibility. My ram is CMK16GX4M4A2400C16 Would this what causing my problems like double boot, Q code errors and slow start up various crashes?
3 REPLIES 3

Johan45
Level 7
Quite likely it is. Until recently I had been using G.Skill Samsung based ram and it was a breeze. I intentionally bought some Team Delta Hynix AFR and man what a PITA. My suggestion would be to clear your CMOS and don't use any of the DOCP settings. Leave ram voltage and timings on auto see what that does. Reboot then try raising it to 2400 if it's working OK. There is still IMO something in the ram timings throwing off the board and using DOCP will only make that worse

entropic-remnan
Level 9
Medic01 wrote:
Hi, I have a Ryzen 1700x on the ROG x370 hero 6 board. Have been having major issues since day one. The ram Iam using isn't listed on the list for compatibility. My ram is CMK16GX4M4A2400C16 Would this what causing my problems like double boot, Q code errors and slow start up various crashes?

As Johan said, quite likely.

The BIOS implementations prior to Beta's 9943 and 9945, and the current RC 1401 BIOS, did not implement a full set of memory compatibility registers required for overclocked memory (anything over 2133). Since they seem to have "assumed" certain values before, if you had the right RAM, you could go for it.

With the new BIOS, it's still not super-simple to get your memory up to desired speed, but it can be done for chips like yours (and mine) that were not able to previously.

Follow what I did here with one of the new AGESA 1.0.0.6 BIOS I mentioned, but use the numbers from YOUR sticks, not my numbers:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93472-Get-Corsair-Dominator-CMD16GX4M2B3200C16-Up-to-Speed

Right now, short of buying the "golden" memory kits, that's the only way to get up to speed.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

Hi, many thanks for the replies. Do I need to be running a certain BIOS to add the memory speeds? Iam on 1002 at the moment.