cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix RAID DLX Driver issue - Windows Timer Resolution

x7007
Level 7
Hi,

When installing Asus Strix Raid DLX driver 1.1.13 as soon as it is enabled, Windows Timer Resolution doesn't go higher than 1.0009 ms anymore. which takes a lot of energy/power . when disabling the Asus Strix from the Sound, video and games controllers from device manager, the Windows Timer Resolution go up to the max 15.625 ms which how it should be.
I just notice it because I have GSX 1000 and it doesn't happen with it connected/enabled. only when the Asus Strix Raid DLX driver is installed the timer resolution start it. When the driver is not installed It doesn't happen. so only when installing the drivers the issue happens. something is not right with the drivers.

Please fix this issue because I need the Asus Strix for my 5.1, and I'm not using it for headphones. this is a bug and also microsoft engery check is complaining that a device/driver is causing this issue, which I checked and it's only the Asus Strix Driver.
26 REPLIES 26

x7007
Level 7
Asus please need a quick fix ....!

Another driver is doing the same thing the Corsair Utility Engine , I already told them about this. driver shouldn't cause this when idle, Timer Resolution only go lower when you do something with a program or sound is played.

Logitech Gaming Software does not have any issue
Eset 10 does not have any issue
TeamViewer does not have any issue
Adguard does not have any issue

Also the USB Sennheiser GSX 1000 Audio Amplifier for PC does not have any issue.

If you want to check with the application I used to see in real time the windows timer resolution changing when you do something it's here :

https://vvvv.org/contribution/windows-system-timer-tool

https://vvvv.org/sites/all/modules/general/pubdlcnt/pubdlcnt.php?file=https://vvvv.org/sites/default...

Also nhAsusStrixsvc32.exe always crashing for no reason . Do we need this service ? what does it do.

x7007
Level 7
Asus any update ?

Glasofruix
Level 8
Try maybe in six months? The support of audio hardware is nonexistent at asus.

Glasofruix wrote:
Try maybe in six months? The support of audio hardware is nonexistent at asus.

The truth of the matter is that there are not many ASUS reps on these forums and we have to go through hundreds of threads per day.

I have now seen this thread and can pass it on to someone more in the know 🙂

Hope the issue gets sorted quickly 🙂

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
The truth of the matter is that there are not many ASUS reps on these forums and we have to go through hundreds of threads per day.

Thanks

I will also pm you another issue with nhAsusStrixsvc32.exe crashing all the time for no reason..

Faulting application name: nhAsusStrixsvc32.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5858d80b
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.0, time stamp: 0xa82cc161
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0004b263
Faulting process id: 0x2a98
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2e69092ef002d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\nhAsusStrix\UserInterface\nhAsusStrixsvc32.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 6e2ee58f-ec4a-41bf-958e-7f34db0f94d2
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: nhAsusStrixsvc32.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5858d80b
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.0, time stamp: 0xa82cc161
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0004b263
Faulting process id: 0x2a98
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2e69092ef002d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\nhAsusStrix\UserInterface\nhAsusStrixsvc32.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 23f55e2c-1881-402a-9061-c741dffea6fa
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:

The truth of the matter, if we take what happened with the phoebus as an example, is that asus doesn't give a rat's behind about audio products. We've been sending bug reports for months, directly to support even and nothing changed. Day one bugs still present years after initial release, each driver buggier than the other (when we manage to actually squeeze one out). So yeah, this matter will not be resolved quickly.

Eleiyas
Level 10
I have forwarded this on to someone higher up, please be patient in the meantime 🙂

Bahz
Level 12
Thanks for reporting this issue, I'll pass it on to our audio team, if you can also list out your full system specifications as well which is required for all issue reporting.

Bahz wrote:
Thanks for reporting this issue, I'll pass it on to our audio team, if you can also list out your full system specifications as well which is required for all issue reporting.

CPU : I7 3770K @ 4.3 @ 1.24-1.30 Offset Voltage - 0.800
MOBO :Asus P8Z77-V 2104
RAM : G.Skill RipjawsX 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 Kit
GPU :INNO3D Nvidia GeForce GTX1080 8G D5 1759Mhz iChill X3
Sound Card For 5.1 Speakers : Asus Strix RAID DLX
Network Card : SolareFlare SFN6122F SFP+ 10Gbit Dual Port PCIEx4
PSU : ThermalTake 850Watt ToughPower
STORAGE
SanDisk Extreme PRO SSD 480Gb OS
WD Gold 6TB DataCenter 7200 128MB DATA/GAMEZ
Seagate 5TB Enterprise 7200 128MB (ST5000NM0024) DATA/GAMEZ
Samsung x2 1TB 7200 RAID0 GAMEZ