cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura still has this "install failed" and "start failed" problem

skellattarr
Level 10
the program works ok with the led's now but it still has that same problem when I start it I tried everything even reinstall as admin nothing works. has anybody figured this out if so tell me? i got every thing up to date but aisuit 3 i don't want to mess with that i tried to unistall aisuit 3 and it would not uninstall it just messed up my system to where i had to restore it from backup. oops I ment to say Driver install failed and Driver start failed
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
Corsair Hydro Series H115i
G.SKILL Trident Z 3200mhz 64gb 4x16 timings 16,18,18,38
asus rog strix gtx 1080
TOSHIBA 3TB hdd 3x a total of 9tb, 10 tb hdd and a 1tb mushkin ssd
corsair axi 1200i 1200 watt psu
thermal take view 71 case
16 REPLIES 16

MeanMachine
Level 13
AISuite 3 can be difficult to completely uninstall. Many have had success with Bulk Crap uninstaller and I hope it helps.
Go here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/bulk-crap-uninstaller/
I have no probs with the AURA software so can't help there unfortunately.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
AISuite 3 can be difficult to completely uninstall. Many have had success with Bulk Crap uninstaller and I hope it helps.
Go here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/bulk-crap-uninstaller/
I have no probs with the AURA software so can't help there unfortunately.

I used that program it worked like a charm. I still get driver install failed and driver failed to start on aura I hope someone can help
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
asus rog strix gtx 1080

skellattarr wrote:
I used that program it worked like a charm. I still get driver install failed and driver failed to start on aura I hope someone can help

Not sure if it makes any difference skellattarr however this is how I installed AURA software.
I downloaded ASUS_AURA_WIN10_V10426.zip from ASUS Support, unzipped the file to programs (x86) as admin and put the AURA.EXE shortcut on my desktop.
I did not use the version from my MB installation disk and maybe it is an early version. Anyhow mine works OK.
I do not have AISuite installed.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

sphinx64
Level 7
skellattarr wrote:
the program works ok with the led's now but it still has that same problem when I start it I tried everything even reinstall as admin nothing works. has anybody figured this out if so tell me? i got every thing up to date but aisuit 3 i don't want to mess with that i tried to unistall aisuit 3 and it would not uninstall it just messed up my system to where i had to restore it from backup. oops I ment to say Driver install failed and Driver start failed

There is a file named "locker" or something like that, located either in program data folder or in its own folder. Just delete that file and uninstall completely without any encounters (for AI Suite III I am talking about).

sphinx64 wrote:
There is a file named "locker" or something like that, located either in program data folder or in its own folder. Just delete that file and uninstall completely without any encounters (for AI Suite III I am talking about).

I looked allover program data and program files did not see any locker file
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
asus rog strix gtx 1080

skellattarr
Level 10
thanks for your help. I do have the latest aura installed from the website but I still get the two errors the program does start and I can do most the settings in it
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
asus rog strix gtx 1080

skellattarr wrote:
thanks for your help. I do have the latest aura installed from the website but I still get the two errors the program does start and I can do most the settings in it

Although my previous suggestion did not work for you (locker file), I have again a few suggestions (although may turn out to be useless);
1. Since there is a problem of program start there may be antivirus software or firewall preventing the aura service to start. Check your programs for any interference.
2. On Cortana search for services and double click on services
3. Search for "AsRogAuraService" and check if it starts automatically. If stopped, then restart the service by right clicking from the drop down menu.
4. If it was stopped then right click and on the drop down menu click on properties and go to recovery tab
5. You can select restart service from the first failure, second failure or subsequent failures
I hope this helps.

skellattarr wrote:

I had the same problem and I decided reset my Windows Copy and install software by software that I had to find where was the problem. I my case I have a Z270E but you can see if it makes sense for you.

The problem was a conflict between GPU Tweak 2 and Aura software. If you go to the Tweak and disable to start up with Windows and restart you can open Aura without problems. So if you have GPU Tweak installed give a try. Make sure you stop GPU Tweak as I said above.

If you open Aura and do you stuff close and open GPU Tweak use it and try to open Aura again you will receive the same messages.

Another thing that I found was if stop or you do not have the service called "Asus Com Service" and try to open Aura you will not find your motherboard there.

Sorry if all I said is already common knowledge. Just trying to help.

Cya

FindingSolutions wrote:
I had the same problem and I decided reset my Windows Copy and install software by software that I had to find where was the problem. I my case I have a Z270E but you can see if it makes sense for you.

The problem was a conflict between GPU Tweak 2 and Aura software. If you go to the Tweak and disable to start up with Windows and restart you can open Aura without problems. So if you have GPU Tweak installed give a try. Make sure you stop GPU Tweak as I said above.

If you open Aura and do you stuff close and open GPU Tweak use it and try to open Aura again you will receive the same messages.

Another thing that I found was if stop or you do not have the service called "Asus Com Service" and try to open Aura you will not find your motherboard there.

Sorry if all I said is already common knowledge. Just trying to help.

Cya

Nice catch, I wasnt having issues because I normally dont have GPU tweak running. After enabling GPU tweak and launching then launching AURA Immediately I got the install failed and start driver failed. Disable it and its back to working again

@Bahz
You might want to pass this onto the appropriate software teams. Going to try the latest GPU tweak to see if its still there.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein