cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.5 MP 4.5 Cache - delidded 6600K

tommiboi
Level 7
I delidded my 6600K 🙂 did base run on 69 c on default. After delid it was 52 c.

Normally I run at default just because my Daily use isnt demanding me to OC. Am testing the field again.

Am on 4.5k on MP andd cache. Not sure if cache is anything I need to OC. I think i notice some glitches when Cache was on 4.5 and didnt have these onn 4.2

Think I still have some head room. But step by step. the system booted at 4.8k and managed to login as well. I noticed I had the voltage on adaptive... and it jumped to 1.52... woooooww that max voltage. Adpitive always over reacts on voltage so I think it 4.8 or higher is very possible. But I do have to take in account for heat from my GTX 980 ti strix which is now in the same loop as my CPU.

any tips or comment how to proceed are welcome.
Try more, Try harder, Try and previal
12 REPLIES 12

tommiboi
Level 7
***date*** 28-06-2017

Choose to OC my cpu down abit to 4.4k and started undervolting the cpu with offset mode. Not sure how this mode works but am currently.

Offest -0.045

using Prime 95 to burn this setting in on blend and small fft's.
Temp is not getting over 65 C.

what I dont get is why my voltage still spikes to 1.335
The Core #01 VID is max 1.335 while the Vcore max is 1.264.

anyone can explain my this issue? Seems I dont really get how this works.
I tried adptive mode here am totally confused how to use this setting.

tommiboi
Level 7
update on OC testing. This is done because I added an extra RAD to my system so better cooling 🙂

Stress test used
XTU With Realbench(heavy multitasking)
Prime95 WithFurmark. heat killing

New overclock confirmed on 4.7k 🙂
Voltage = 1.430 v
Temp = 71 C full load
Peak voltage 1.475 ( kinda high )

OC 4.6k
Volatge = ofsett mode + 0.110
Peaks zijn 1.424 (good enough)
Temp = 63 C full load

Would love to go 4.8 but i guess i have to put almost the max Volatge in it then.... 1.52 is very scarriee.

What you guys think? Push ! ? or take it as it is. or are maybe other stuff am forgetting...

I mean 31%(4.6k) OC is actually very good chip.

Nate152
Hi tommiboi

The VID is the voltage requested by the cpu, the Vcore is the actual voltage supplied to the cpu.

Adaptive mode will let the cpu voltage drop to 0.800v at idle, the offset voltage will affect idle and load voltage.

Temps look good at 4.7GHz you can run it there, 4.8GHz might be out of reach.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi tommiboi

The VID is the voltage requested by the cpu, the Vcore is the actual voltage supplied to the cpu.

Adaptive mode will let the cpu voltage drop to 0.800v at idle, the offset voltage will affect idle and load voltage.

Temps look good at 4.7GHz you can run it there, 4.8GHz might be out of reach.

Hi Nate152,

So I can lower the Vcore to the VID? hence is that is what the cpu request ? this kind a new terrotory for me on that part.

Pushing 4.8K will ask a manual voltage of 1.485 orso maybe even 1.50 V ..... I know the max input is 1.52 as your nick reminds of it al the time. Am not sure if i want to go near 1.5V...... even though my temps are super low.

Nate152
Yeah I'd stick with 4.7Ghz.

I wouldn't worry about the VID, I'd give it just enough voltage to where it's stable and call it good.

Nate152 wrote:

I wouldn't worry about the VID, I'd give it just enough voltage to where it's stable and call it good.

Thx !

Am happy with 4.6K at the moment. Still trying to lower voltage day by day. its on 1.4v now with an offset mode. Dont think I can get it any lower.

Adaptive mode is not working at all. To much ups and downs. Playing with LCC is not worth it.

Nate152 wrote:

HI Nate, Am kinda confused now. Hopefully you can helpout.

I tried Adaptive mode, but off set is +0.250. If turn this off and use the next off set mode i put 0.200v my VCore goes to max 1.360 and the VID as well. But this isnt the voltage needed. It should be higher.

I dont undertstand this at all.
What adaptive mode and off set mode are.

Nate152
Adaptive mode let's the cpu speed and voltage drop when at idle.

Offset let's you apply more or less voltage when the cpu is under load.

LLC helps with v-droop and keep the voltage you set, level 5 should work well to keep the voltage close to what you're setting.

When using Adaptive mode enter your stable voltage in the "Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage Override". If it's overshooting the voltage you're setting either lower LLC or use a negative offset.

Nate152 wrote:
Adaptive mode let's the cpu speed and voltage drop when at idle.

Offset let's you apply more or less voltage when the cpu is under load.

LLC helps with v-droop and keep the voltage you set, level 5 should work well to keep the voltage close to what you're setting.

When using Adaptive mode enter your stable voltage in the "Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage Override". If it's overshooting the voltage you're setting either lower LLC or use a negative offset.

Hi Nate152,

Okay found it. It does work now. bit of tweaking Vcore now goes to 1.408 and drops to 0.875v

But my CPU goes to 73c on gaming. Guessing that is okay on daily use.