Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Korth View Post
    Your error code suggests this workaround:

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxWireles..._one_wireless/

"Asus USB drivers"? I'm guessing you have chipset driver(s) from Intel or AMD (built in bunch of USB ports, drives, etc), plus drivers from ASMedia (add-on chipset part, more USB ports, drives, etc). ASUS provides these drivers on your motherboard page, but the drivers themselves (along with their very latest versions) are always going to originate with the actual silicon makers -Intel, AMD, ASMedia, Realtek, etc.

What are your system specs, anyhow? And what other USB devices do you plug in?

it's not actually an error code, I just posted just information

What you are talking about are the windows 10 when it first released. after the Creators update there are no issues anymore with the xbox controller and it's auto installs, auto detected automatically . and it's working fine with everything . The only issue is when Asus Strix RAID DLX Drivers are installed the file nhAsusStrixsvc32.exe crashed with 2 logs in the event viewer and the mouse is lagging at the same moment till the controller is syncing and start working, flashing couple seconds till it's steady means it's sync and works wireless.

Yes, the Xbox Elite Controller doesn't work on my motherboard ASMEDIA USB 3.0 controller , it says something about not enough power and doesn't detect it, that's when connecting with a cable not wireless. I guess Wireless won't work so I didn't even try , also VR like OCCULUS RIFT and HTC VIVE have issues with ASMEDIA .

On windows 10 the Intel USB driver are microsoft ones, you can use the Microsoft Asmedia drivers, but I prefer to install the official ASMEDIA updated drivers which fixes issues and bugs , that's not the matter with the crashes, it happens on both microsoft drivers and Asmedia updated ones.

When the Asus Strix RAID DLX drivers are not installed, windows still detect the card and it works, I'm getting 5.1 channels which what I want. so I guess I'll have to buy the ModMic microphone because it doesn't work properly without the drivers, no noise cancellation and all the other things. I just wanted to get 5.1 properly so I'll have the ESS DAC which is better on the Asus and not the creative ZXR TiBrown Dac which changes the sound.

Asus can't help me it seems, and I have no idea why would turning the Xbox Controller would cause a crash the Asus drivers, I can't figure what it has to do with it, I can't think how to debug it. it only happens the first time after Restart, after that it doesn't freeze anymore or have more event crashes. it just one time when turning the controller on after restart. and it always the same 2 errors on the same order. I tried uninstalling the Corsair drivers, didn't do anything, I think I already tried uninstalling the Logitech Gaming Software already many times , so it's not that either.

And don't forget some people still have the sound cut-off , means it's something flanky with the drivers and some software/motherboard/drivers , still I can't figure what it has to do with everyone . Asus can't replicate it , not the errors I'm having too. but I think they will if they have the Xbox Elite Controller with the Wireless adapter , else how are they gonna debug if they can't do the same thing right ? and again, it only happens when the Asus official drivers installed. using the Microsoft auto detect drivers works just fine. because there is no nhAsusStrixsvc32.exe service. I don't know what this service suppose to do, if I knew that I could might understand what it tried to do behind. maybe it tries hooking with the Xbox drivers/software , but I have no idea ..... why it doesn't crash with the nhAsusStrixsvc64.exe file ? or killing the all Asus Sonic GUI or something, everything still works , so I can't even know what it does . What I do know is that you need to keep the Asus Sonic Tray Icon so VSS will work and also all the other things. so it is always running and when I enabled the xbox controller wireless it also tries to do something which is not good.

no one can help debugging it ?

Intel 3770K
    Asus P8Z77-V

BACK
    2x Blue Asmedia Asmedia official drivers installed 1.16.47.2
    2x Intel USB 2.0 IRQ 16 Microsoft Windows Drivers
    2x Intel USB 3.0 Microsoft Windows Drivers

Front
    2x Intel USB 2.0 IRQ 23 Microsoft Windows Drivers
    2x Intel USB 3.0 Microsoft Windows Drivers

Also Asus Strix RAID DLX has it's own Asmedia USB drivers , so it install the Asmedia official drivers over it too, which doesn't seem to cause issues, it happens with both microsoft drivers and asmedia official.
    Asmedia USB 3.0 IRQ 17 Asmedia official drivers installed 1.16.47.2

It's funny, without the Asus Strix RAID DLX Drivers it shows as USB 2.0 device ....

Device Description USB Audio 2.0

Device Information
    Device Manufacturer: ASUSTeK
    Product Name: STRIX RAID DLX
    Serial Number: N/A
    USB Version Supported: 2.00
    USB Device Speed: USB 2.0 High-speed
    Driver Description: USB Composite Device
    Hardware ID: USB\VID_0B05&PID_180C

Driver Information
    Driver Manufacturer: (Standard USB Host Controller)
    Driver Description: USB Composite Device
    Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver Version: 10.0.15063.0
    Driver Date: 21-Jun-2006
    DeviceInstanceId USB\VID_0B05&PID_180C\00000030

General Information
    Device Name: ASMedia ASM1142 USB 3.0 xHCI Controller
    Original Device Name: ASMedia ASM1142 USB 3.0 xHCI Controller
    Device Class: USB xHCI Controller
    Revision ID: 0
    PCI Address (Busevice:Function) Number: 4:0:0
    PCI Latency Timer: 0
    Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_1142&SUBSYS_86A01043&REV_00

PCI Express
    Version: 2.0
    Maximum Link Width: 1x
    Current Link Width: 1x
    Maximum Link Speed: 5.0 GT/s
    Current Link Speed: 5.0 GT/s
    Device/Port Type: Legacy PCI Express Endpoint
    Slot Implemented: No
    Emergency Power Reduction: Not Supported
    Active State Power Management (ASPM) Support: L0s and L1
    Active State Power Management (ASPM) Status: Disabled
    L0s Exit Latency: >4 us
    L1 Exit Latency: >64 us

System Resources
    Interrupt Line: IRQ17
    Interrupt Pin: INTA#
    Memory Base Address 0 F73F8000

Features
    Bus Mastering: Enabled
    Running At 66 MHz: Not Capable
    Fast Back-to-Back Transactions: Not Capable

USB Version Supported: 3.0

Driver Information
    Driver Manufacturer: ASMedia Technology Inc
    Driver Description: ASMedia USB3.0 eXtensible Host Controller
    Driver Provider: ASMedia Technology Inc
    Driver Version: 1.16.47.2
    Driver Date: 12-Apr-2017
    DeviceInstanceId PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_1142&SUBSYS_86A01043&REV_00\4&305 51E88&0&00E1

Anything else ?
    Last edited by x7007; 07-11-2017 at 08:37 AM.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Korth PC Specs
    Korth PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS X99 R5E (BIOS2101/1902)
    ProcessorHaswell-EP E5-1680-3 SR20H/R2 (4.4GHz)
    Memory (part number)Vengeance LPX 4x8GB SS DDR4-3000 (CMK32GX4M4C3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Sound CardJDS Labs O2+ODAC (RevB), USB2 UAC1
    MonitorASUS PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSDs, 4xSATA3 RAID0
    Storage #2Comay BladeDrive E28 3200GB SSD, 8xPCIe2
    CPU CoolerRaijintek NEMESIS/TISIS, AS5, 2xNH-A14
    CaseObsidian 750D (original), 6xNH-A14
    Power SupplyZalman/FSP ZM1250 Platinum
    Headset Pilot P51 PTT *modded*
    OS Arch, Gentoo, Win7x64, Win10x64
    Network RouterActiontec T3200M VDSL2 Gateway
    Accessory #1 TP-Link AC1900 Archer T9E, 1xPCIe
    Accessory #2 ASUS/Infineon SLB9635 TPM (TT1.2/FW3.19)
    Accessory #3 ASUS OC Panel I (FW0501)

Have you tried plugging your error-prone Xbox USB device into a different USB port? Preferably one serviced right off the motherboard PCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Korth View Post
    Have you tried plugging your error-prone Xbox USB device into a different USB port? Preferably one serviced right off the motherboard PCH.
    yes, I tried to every usb available. it happens with everyone. other device doesn't cause issues.
    Last edited by x7007; 07-17-2017 at 06:39 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I am fairly confident that with newer Asmedia usb drivers and or newer Asus Strix drivers most peoples problems will be corrected. But thnx x7007 for trying to nail down the problems. Like you said, they can't fix it until they know what's broken.

Ex-employee Array

Our software team tried replicating this by playing some games but they couldn't replicate this issue and didn't see this error in event viewer.

Need for Speed Rivals:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Need For Speed Rivals test.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	66027

BladeStorm Nightmare:

Name:	BladeStorm Nightmare test.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	66028

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Our software team tried replicating this by playing some games but they couldn't replicate this issue and didn't see this error in event viewer.

Need for Speed Rivals:

Name:	Need For Speed Rivals test.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	66027

BladeStorm Nightmare:

Name:	BladeStorm Nightmare test.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	66028

Thanks for the update .

But did you guys try with Xbox Controller ? Specifically with Xbox Wireless Adapter + Xbox Controller ? It happens when they sync the first time, when you turn on the controller and it identified as a controller and is useable . Restarting the computer and re sync again it will happen again, over and over, it will only crash once till every restart, the mouse while the controller is identified will become very stuttery because the asus service is crashing behind so it effect the mouse movement and maybe other things. The games don't actually cause the issue by themself.

Using windows 10 x64 1703 15063.483 it still happens , as it happened on some older version too.
    Last edited by x7007; 07-17-2017 at 06:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2