cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix RAID DLX event viewer crashes nhAsusStrixsvc32.exe

x7007
Level 7
Nothing is actually crash or showing any sign of stopped working .

Sonic radar open as usual, but I can't understand why I see this errors.

Faulting application name: nhAsusStrixsvc32.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5858d80b
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.0, time stamp: 0xa82cc161
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0004b263
Faulting process id: 0x2a98
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2e69092ef002d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\nhAsusStrix\UserInterface\nhAsusStrixsvc32.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 6e2ee58f-ec4a-41bf-958e-7f34db0f94d2
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: nhAsusStrixsvc32.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5858d80b
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.0, time stamp: 0xa82cc161
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0004b263
Faulting process id: 0x2a98
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2e69092ef002d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\nhAsusStrix\UserInterface\nhAsusStrixsvc32.exe
Report Id: 23f55e2c-1881-402a-9061-c741dffea6fa

Faulting module name: nhAsusStrixsvc32.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5858d80b
Fault offset: 0x0002d197
Faulting process id: 0x2084
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2e5d21dacae5b
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\nhAsusStrix\UserInterface\nhAsusStrixsvc32.exe
Report Id: ea68709f-61b8-403b-b64f-816188d614d3

Faulting module name: nhAsusStrixsvc32.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5858d80b
Fault offset: 0x0002d197
Faulting process id: 0x1030
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2e5c98e6c8a15
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\nhAsusStrix\UserInterface\nhAsusStrixsvc32.exe
Report Id: d01ced87-d215-4966-9fb7-f636d6e73f7d
15 REPLIES 15

x7007
Level 7
Bhaz, the error still happening, it seems like specific games causing it.

Last games I tried were Gear Of War 4 and BladeStorm nightmare, Need For Speed Rivals, it takes some randomly time till it happens and while I'm in the game the event viewer shows that the nhAsusStrixsvc32.exe has crashed and it doesn't shown in the windows process anymore till I restart the windows. What's up with this thing. The drivers are just total crap I am sad to say. There are so many issues I can't fix ! because all of this leads to the Drivers themselves. I just need this sound card to use my 5.1 Speakers and microphone, even soon I won't need the microphone and buy external one to connect to the GSX 1000 sound card. I might even just connect the Creative ZXR again just for the 5.1 ..

I think I know why you might not see this errors, cause you need to use the computer for gaming, you need to actually play games to see this error, if the QA or Testers just using it in windows and try to see if the bugs happens then it won't happen, cause I can have the windows for 2 days watching movies,youtube, and other things, but as soon I start playing games, those errors start to show up in the event viewer and then the process doesn't run anymore. I have no idea why it happening only in games. what in the driver can cause this issue ? Can't we find out by the error of the Exception Code ? it always 2 errors at the same time. what can cause this kind of thing ?

Is it always the same errors

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.447, time stamp: 0xd51d5c5e
Fault offset: 0x0004b2e3
Faulting process id: 0x2ba4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f482df5c8ada
Report Id: 44d154f0-86be-40e6-ad56-b806c6e48302

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.447, time stamp: 0xd51d5c5e
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0004b2e3
Faulting process id: 0x2ba4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f482df5c8ada
Report Id: 3bfb7905-2b7d-4084-998d-7c875b8945c9

Korth
Level 14
Corsair AXi PSU with Corsair Link?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Bahz
Level 12
I'm guessing it has to do with software conflict because, I'll pass the additional details over to them.

Bahz wrote:
I'm guessing it has to do with software conflict because, I'll pass the additional details over to them.

I figured out why it crashes. . as soon as I connect my Xbox Elite Controller Wireless Adapter and turn on the Xbox Elite Controller from the button, Asus Driver show the events in the log... now why would this cause crashes to the Asus Sound Driver ??? the wireless adapter is only wireless adapter with network drivers and it just usb controller . My guess it's something with USB conflict . you must fix it with driver update. nothing I can do, it crashes every time .

Korth
Level 14
Probably USB conflict, yes. You might be able to circumvent by plugging into a different USB controller/port, or through a (powered) USB hub, or just plugging your USB device(s) in after Windows has finished booting and loading everything else. Most USB-related problems have to do with power delivery, some have to do with signal bandwidth, both can be resolved by just waiting until Windows is "good and ready" to accept one more device plugged into one more dedicated controller.

Deciphering crash logs can be a bit of an art. It's not always the last item which crashed the system. It's sometimes the previous item or a quirky combination of previous items which caused non-critical faults or didn't install in some "clean" fashion, the faults don't always become evident until after a timeout period or after a subsequent device "causes" them when using conflicting resources.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
Probably USB conflict, yes. You might be able to circumvent by plugging into a different USB controller/port, or through a (powered) USB hub, or just plugging your USB device(s) in after Windows has finished booting and loading everything else. Most USB-related problems have to do with power delivery, some have to do with signal bandwidth, both can be resolved by just waiting until Windows is "good and ready" to accept one more device plugged into one more dedicated controller.

Deciphering crash logs can be a bit of an art. It's not always the last item which crashed the system. It's sometimes the previous item or a quirky combination of previous items which caused non-critical faults or didn't install in some "clean" fashion, the faults don't always become evident until after a timeout period or after a subsequent device "causes" them when using conflicting resources.

Do you have Elite Controller with the Xbox wireless adapter with windows 10 ?
Do you also have Logitech Gaming Software ?
Do you have the Corsair utility engine ?

I just reinstalled the Xbox Drivers and will check again .

Can the Logitech Gaming Software cause issues ?

Korth
Level 14
I often use a Logitech gaming keyboard and Logitech gaming mouse. So I do reluctantly run Logitech Gaming Software, when needed.

It doesn't play nice with Corsair's software when running some hardware combinations, very hit or miss.

I don't have an XBox or any XBox accessories, they just don't appeal to me.

Logitech Gaming Software runs better (with my machines and my Logitech hardware) on Win7x64. It sometimes crashes on Win10 - for no apparent reason and with meaningless errors - I blame the software (equal parts Win10 OS driver handling and Logitech driver software). It sometimes installs itself immediately, within a few seconds on the Desktop, and it sometimes doesn't install itself for minutes (even many minutes). Inconsistent behaviour tells me it's sloppy and buggy stuff, more of an OS-specific hack than an OS-specific build. I don't allow it to update itself - the only time it did so (by default) it managed to cause a BSoD fault, unacceptable since I can count my (unexpected) BSoDs per year on one hand.

I haven't found any way to install standalone drivers for Logitech hardware, it requires the LGS suite for full functionality. But my Logitech devices have onboard memory for storing profiles and settings, so once they're configured I can just plug them in or out or move them between machines without running the LGS any more.

In short, I have low confidence in the quality of LGS, I avoid using it, I install it (in a sandboxed VM, lol) only when absolutely necessary to reconfigure my Logitech hardware profiles. I have even less confidence in Corsair's software, they build (or rather, they brand) some really good hardware but their software sucks. Less bloat to keep the CPU busy, eat RAM, consume OS resources, and clutter up my systray.

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
I often use a Logitech gaming keyboard and Logitech gaming mouse. So I do reluctantly run Logitech Gaming Software, when needed.

It doesn't play nice with Corsair's software when running some hardware combinations, very hit or miss.

I don't have an XBox or any XBox accessories, they just don't appeal to me.

Logitech Gaming Software runs better (with my machines and my Logitech hardware) on Win7x64. It sometimes crashes on Win10 - for no apparent reason and with meaningless errors - I blame the software (equal parts Win10 OS driver handling and Logitech driver software). It sometimes installs itself immediately, within a few seconds on the Desktop, and it sometimes doesn't install itself for minutes (even many minutes). Inconsistent behaviour tells me it's sloppy and buggy stuff, more of an OS-specific hack than an OS-specific build. I don't allow it to update itself - the only time it did so (by default) it managed to cause a BSoD fault, unacceptable since I can count my (unexpected) BSoDs per year on one hand.

I haven't found any way to install standalone drivers for Logitech hardware, it requires the LGS suite for full functionality. But my Logitech devices have onboard memory for storing profiles and settings, so once they're configured I can just plug them in or out or move them between machines without running the LGS any more.

In short, I have low confidence in the quality of LGS, I avoid using it, I install it (in a sandboxed VM, lol) only when absolutely necessary to reconfigure my Logitech hardware profiles. I have even less confidence in Corsair's software, they build (or rather, they brand) some really good hardware but their software sucks. Less bloat to keep the CPU busy, eat RAM, consume OS resources, and clutter up my systray.

True, well first I'll uninstall the driver for the Wireless adapter which are actually kinda of network drivers

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 21.50.45.656
Driver Management concluded the process to install driver mt7612us.inf_amd64_2755d5b32eaed88a\mt7612us.inf for Device Instance ID USB\VID_045E&PID_02E6\527911 with the following status: 0x0.

And then I uninstalled all the Xbox HID or USB drivers that get installed right after from the Windows Update.

after it crashed the first time, I reran the file again manually from the folder nhAsusStrixsvc32.exe.
For now without restarting the windows, it doesn't freeze anymore when I turn on the Xbox Controller using Wireless.
But I'll need to see after restart when everything comes up normally .

So hopefully it something weird between the Xbox Controller drivers and the Asus USB drivers.

Korth
Level 14
Your error code suggests this workaround:

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxWirelessAdapter/comments/3qyrek/current_attempt_to_getting_xbox_one_wir...

"Asus USB drivers"? I'm guessing you have chipset driver(s) from Intel or AMD (built in bunch of USB ports, drives, etc), plus drivers from ASMedia (add-on chipset part, more USB ports, drives, etc). ASUS provides these drivers on your motherboard page, but the drivers themselves (along with their very latest versions) are always going to originate with the actual silicon makers -Intel, AMD, ASMedia, Realtek, etc.

What are your system specs, anyhow? And what other USB devices do you plug in?

[/Korth]