cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't go into uefi bios but boots up windows fine

YO_Jay
Level 7
Can't go into bios but my window 10 loads fine. I tried taking out the battery, the jumper, update bios, etc. Everytime I try to go bios I just get the code 00 any help will do thanks.

Setup is crosshair hero 6 w/1700x
trident rgb 3200 ram
1200 watt psu
Kraken x52
Asus strix 1080ti
15 REPLIES 15

sphinx64
Level 7
YO_Jay wrote:
Can't go into bios but my window 10 loads fine. I tried taking out the battery, the jumper, update bios, etc. Everytime I try to go bios I just get the code 00 any help will do thanks.

Setup is crosshair hero 6 w/1700x
trident rgb 3200 ram
1200 watt psu
Kraken x52
Asus strix 1080ti

Option 1;
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-boot-advanced-startup-options-windows-10-a.html
Option 2;
If you are using an old keyboard try using another usb interface keyboard or swapping the usb port for your usb keyboard.
Option 3;
Clear CMOS and remove the battery for a couple of minutes.

I hope these helps.

Another way to enter Bios is holding down the resetbuton and starting the PC
The Crosshair should boot into Bios automaticaly then.

But, like Sphinx64 mentioned, try another keyboard and don't use USB3 port.
Greetings

sphinx64 wrote:
Option 1;
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-boot-advanced-startup-options-windows-10-a.html
Option 2;
If you are using an old keyboard try using another usb interface keyboard or swapping the usb port for your usb keyboard.
Option 3;
Clear CMOS and remove the battery for a couple of minutes.

I hope these helps.

Tried but no luck samething It boots up when I press f2 or Del it goes to blank screen and the qcode shows 00

YO_Jay wrote:
Tried but no luck samething It boots up when I press f2 or Del it goes to blank screen and the qcode shows 00

Q Code 00 is reserved for future use in this MB; I have no idea what that is.
Any ideas, anyone?
You may also try flashing bios from the back panel; it may help?

PeZzy
Level 7
YO_Jay wrote:
the jumper

Jumper is meant for LN2. What BIOS are you running? Are you using a DVI connector or Display port to the monitor? Can you switch that?

PeZzy wrote:
Jumper is meant for LN2. What BIOS are you running? Are you using a DVI connector or Display port to the monitor? Can you switch that?

Don't have a monitor yet I got it connected to my TV with hdmi I don't think that is the problem because I can go into windows fine but my bios version is 1002 do u think re-installing windows will work?

andyliu
Level 9
try to update bios with usb flash back, it often solve weird issue for me 😜
like couple days ago, the board just decided to stuck @ loading microcode out of no where.

and make sure you try to discharge the board by unplug the cable to psu as well.

as far as bios version, 1401 has been stable for me, so doesn't hurt to give that a try.

speaking of TV, well, I remember i had some issue with the BIOS resolution with other setup
it might be the UEFI not capable to push the resolution of your TV?

good luck

andyliu wrote:
try to update bios with usb flash back, it often solve weird issue for me 😜
like couple days ago, the board just decided to stuck @ loading microcode out of no where.

and make sure you try to discharge the board by unplug the cable to psu as well.

as far as bios version, 1401 has been stable for me, so doesn't hurt to give that a try.

speaking of TV, well, I remember i had some issue with the BIOS resolution with other setup
it might be the UEFI not capable to push the resolution of your TV?

good luck

Just tried that still no luck but thanks just did an rma for it I don't have no moniter at the moment so couldn't try that saving up for one tho just weird my windows and everything works fine just can't go into uefi bios

danjw
Level 10
Just something else to try, from the command line (or powershell), "shutdown.exe /r /fw". This triggers a restart with it flagged to go to the BIOS.