cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios 1401 Experience

sphinx64
Level 7
Although I am not a proponent of downloading Bios and other drivers for my MB other than the official ASUS product page, because of desperation I downloaded the 1401 bios and here are the improvements and failures;
1. PC boots much faster than the previous versions.
2. Fan profile settings finally apply and stick in the bios and I have a much quieter system now.
3. CLDO_VDDP finally sticks and applies after saving and resetting (mine is set to 956).
4. I do not receive (-) values for CPU temp; however, MB temperature may randomly point to (-) values again.
5. Bios finally reports the temperatures without offset correctly.
6. There are no more jumps of CPU temperatures or crazy fan throttling in this bios; seems to be much stable.
7. I have Corsair Vengeance LED 4X8GB (CMU16GX4M2C3200C16) installed and finally I am able to run them @ 2933 stable.
8. For some unknown reason Aura software and MB LEDs still work perfectly, since from the start.
- There are no more crazy temp surges or fan throttling.

AI Overclock Tuner= set to DOCP Standard (sets BCLK to 100) / can be set manually to BCLK 100)
Memory Frequency= selected 2933
Core Performance Boost= Auto
EPU Power Saving Mode= Enabled (can also be disabled for your choosing - if you intend to OC CPU then you have to disable it)
DRAM Timing Control= 16-18-18-18-36 (did not touch rest of the settings, but you can enter them manually either by reading from AIDA64 or Thaiphoon)
DRAM Power Down= Disabled
DRAM Gear Down= Disabled
Spread Spectrum= Disabled
Proc_ODT= 80
DRAM Boot Voltage=1.35
DRAM Voltage=1.35
Fail_CNT=3 (this will make sure your MB will try to boot with your applied settings for the RAM)
CLDO_VDDP=956 (smaller values will increase stability, rather than increasing)
SOC Voltage=1.1
CMD2T=1T
VTTDR Voltage= 0.675 (DRAM Voltage/2)
Sense MI Skew= Auto (bios reads temps correctly)

I hope this helps. I was not successful running the RAM @3200, but I am still experimenting; however, I do not think that in this system, 4 sticks of RAM (non-compatible) will ever run @ rated speed of 3200.
Regards.

P.S. This is by far the most challenging build I ever made; however, I learned a lot during the course. Does it worth it? I should say yes, it worth to build the system. Thanks to especially Elmor and the rest of the ASUS team.
3 REPLIES 3

SexyTerrorisT
Level 9
Have not been courageous to play with aura and rgb but this bios allowed me to boot my 4x8GB stick of ram at 3200 mhz cas 14 (its XMP settings) just by using DOCP.
It was all pretty stable beyond Google stressapp test. Changing command rate from 1T to 2T allowed me to pass 8888 seconds of Google stressapp test found here
http://www.overclock.net/t/1628751/official-amd-ryzen-ddr4-24-7-memory-stability-thread

danjw
Level 10
The part you posted is a 2 DIMM set, not 4 DIMM. Did you combine two sets or just off on the part number? Even if they are the the same part number, combining two sets is not ideal. Sets are created because they have been tested to work well together.

danjw wrote:
The part you posted is a 2 DIMM set, not 4 DIMM. Did you combine two sets or just off on the part number? Even if they are the the same part number, combining two sets is not ideal. Sets are created because they have been tested to work well together.

Just combined two sets, and you are right the sole reason not being able to run them @3200 could be just that. But even so, I am still happy to run them @2933 and the system is much more snappy.