cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Help, please - Maximum VIII Hero - No Display

CraigT
Level 7
Can someone please close/remove this thread. Some advice in another thread should hopefully remove the need for this thread. *Thank you!

Hope someone can help?

I have a new M8H board and have connected up my new Corsair RM550x PSU (long 24pin connector and the 8 pin ATX) as well as the HDMI cable I have been using for my Raspberry Pi.
Turned on the power and the board lights up - the ROG logo on one of the chip coolers' the reset and start lights.
But there is no light on the q code digits, no other lights on the board.
So I press start but nothing happens, no digits, no beep and no display over HDMI hence no POST.

I have tried adding RAM without success. *Note, still no CPU because it is a i7-7700k and needs a bios update. *Wondering whether to install the CPU, try to update the BIOS without a display or whether to go buy another PSU to test.

Craig
3 REPLIES 3

brkkab123
Level 7
The following parts need to be in your pc or connected to it for the pc to work properly.
1.CPU- yes put it in
2.At least one dim of ram
3.Keyboard plugged in
4.Mouse plugged in
5.Monitor plugged in
6 A working p.s.u. (power supply)

From everything I read, I thought would be able to boot to the BIOS without the CPU or RAM and do the BIOS update, then plug in the CPU, RAM and SSD to do my Windows install.

As you have pointed out it looks like I needed the CPU and RAM for the BIOS to display.
I didn't want to install the CPU before updating the BIOS because I knew my i7-7700k would be supported.
In the end I did the EZ flash from USB, then installed the CPU and RAM to get to the BIOS then added all the other bits, before putting it all in the case and finally installing Windows.

Thank you very much for your advice, I hope this helps others too.

Craig

Eleiyas
Level 10
Closing thread at request of @OP.