cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RGB Lights on the I/O Shroud are Out

Surferbobgolf
Level 7
Hey guys, I've been following the forums for a month now and finally decided to register and make a post about it.

I have the Z270e MB and on day two of owning it, my RGB lights on the MB just simply went out, and haven't come back on. Everything else works fine, to my knowledge. I've also been unable to get Aura to load (The current or older version). It crashes trying to load.

I'm running the newest BIOS.

I've tried uninstalling Aura, CCCleaner, Draining power....

All of my settings are on in the BIOS.

I've seen owners of other boards from ASUS have this problem, but nothing from the Z270 owners. Is this a known problem? Any other steps I should try?
9 REPLIES 9

Chino wrote:
Have you tried clearing your CMOS?

I have not. I'm pretty new to this, this is the first PC I've built.

Do I just remove the battery and wait for a few minutes?

Will that erase any settings I have in the BIOS?

Chino
Level 15
Depending on your motherboard, it might come with a button to do so at the back. What is the model of your motherboard?

Chino wrote:
Depending on your motherboard, it might come with a button to do so at the back. What is the model of your motherboard?

I have the ROG Strix Z270E.

FuryA
Level 8
hi, Surfe
AS Chino adviced
Can try clearing your CMOS

Nope, no change. Lights are still off, and Aura crashes on startup.

Chino
Level 15
I'm not too familiar with the model but you can see if you have access to the LED cable. And try disconnecting and reconnecting it. Maybe it got loose.

Fletcher
Level 7
Mine has been out since day one. I've seen others with similar problems. Had the same problem with Aura. I got it going somehow by updating bios, Aura, Aura for 1080ti, reinstalling programs, I forget the exact sequence. I got frustrated wasting time dealing with Asus software, now I just ignore the bells and whistles and enjoy the main hardware.