cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Case Mod] Aero Cube

misterdokje
Level 7
Hey enthusiastic PC builders,

I'm going to start a new casemod, this time a micro-ATX build in the Aerocool DS cube.
It has to be an HTPC that can also be used as a LAN-box, so it has to be a freaking awesome case.

Hardware : not known yet
Cooling components: Not known yet

Here are some pictures of the Aerocool DS Cube.

Playing with some LED`s.

See you soon :cool:
16 REPLIES 16

misterdokje
Level 7
This week started making a midplate and some minor adjustments to the case itself ;):

Pre-drill the holes and then cut out with the cutter.

Mid plate fits perfectly :D:

I made a window in both side panels, here you can see the graphics card en later the cooling en hardware.

Problem ?? Little space for power cables,s o I did a little adjustment.

Did some wrapping on the midplate with some mat black.

misterdokje
Level 7
I got the idea of ​​making a pump with reservoir combo in the front of the case, so the round hole has already been made.
Had two more pass through fittings spare, so I used them to make an easy connection through the midplate.

misterdokje
Level 7
Hey, another update.

This week I started with the front panel of the case.
I used the Asus Mayan pattern for the front, later on there will be a lot of RGB led`s behind this panel and case parts.

Used some primer, more in the next update

If you have any questions, I'd love to hear those 😄

misterdokje wrote:
Hey, another update.

This week I started with the front panel of the case.
I used the Asus Mayan pattern for the front, later on there will be a lot of RGB led`s behind this panel and case parts.

Used some primer, more in the next update

If you have any questions, I'd love to hear those 😄

I love your build! Youre the first and only one that comes close to the build i am going to make! I just have one question. Where did you find that mayan pattern? I cant find anything on the web. I am going to make the same front panel but my rog logo is going to be illumitated with rgb leds.
Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm 😉

xeromist
What did you use to make your cuts?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
What did you use to make your cuts?

I used a Fretsaw, I spent about two nights doing it.

xeromist
I'm impressed by your patience. I probably would have sent it out for laser/water cutting or something.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I'm impressed by your patience. I probably would have sent it out for laser/water cutting or something.

I call this Case modding DIY. 😄

misterdokje
Level 7
I got a new tool for modding, bought this airbrush starter-pack with some paint to get started.
For a first time I did a nice job I think, of course there are some points we can improve but we can work on that.

These colors I`m going to use on the case. (red madder dark, black)

First I used the color (red madder dark), then I used a airbrush and brush and added the color (black). And added a clear coating, for a first time I did a great job I think.

The sharpness of the pictures will improve in the next update.