cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5E10 Single Long Beep on Post

Ms1991
Level 7
Greetings,
I've just did maintenance to my system and I've noticed something that I don't really think happened before. Everytime i power on the computer, it makes a single long beep before POST and then just runs fine. I've been looking at those BEEP code tables and I've found everything from RAM to GPU to everything's fine...

My system is:
R5E10
2x1080
64GB Gskill
EVGA P2 1000

Nothing is overclocked.

Reading all those codes made me test some of the hardware. I've checked the BIOS and on Windows and every hardware is properly detected. I've played games on it already without any problems. I've ran GPU benchmarks and did one of those Windows Memory Test and got no problems at all. And the motherboard LED shows the AA code which i presume means that everything's fine.

What i find weird is that I don't remember this BEEP happening before the maintenance. I've changed some hardware around (removed some hard drives).

Has anyone had something similar?

Cheers
4 REPLIES 4

Chino
Level 15
That's correct. The AA QCODE means your system is working normally. If nothing is out of the ordinary, then you probably have nothing to worry about. 🙂

Chino wrote:
That's correct. The AA QCODE means your system is working normally. If nothing is out of the ordinary, then you probably have nothing to worry about. 🙂

Greetings,
Thanks for the answer.
That's what I thought. But since I don't really recall hearing any beep before, I found it weird that it just happened. That's the only thing out of the ordinary, everything else seems to be working normally even under stress. I still remember hearing the famous old BEEP but that was ages ago...I guess i just got nostalgic...

Cheers

I had the same issue with my RVE10, after installing a new power supply this morning. While post a long beep I never heard before, but the system booted without problems into AA.
First I thought I broke my board, because I did repeatedly try to install a memory module the wrong way around (it's was really early in the morning :-).

After I installed the BIOS Update 1701 (2017/06/09) the beep was gone:

RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 BIOS 1701
Fixed memtest86 issue
Fixed Plextor device issue

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/RAMPAGE_V_EDITION_10/RAMPAGE-V-EDITION-10-ASUS-1701.zip

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Ms1991 wrote:
Greetings,
Thanks for the answer.
That's what I thought. But since I don't really recall hearing any beep before, I found it weird that it just happened. That's the only thing out of the ordinary, everything else seems to be working normally even under stress. I still remember hearing the famous old BEEP but that was ages ago...I guess i just got nostalgic...

Cheers

I know right. Diagnosing using beeps is so old school. The modern DEBUG LED and QLEDs on ROG motherboards are way better. 🙂