cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Spatha not Working

MrBigSmoke
Level 7
Hello, a few weeks ago I bought a ROG Spatha mouse and have had problems with it. The mouse originally worked wirelessly in-tandem with the receiver/charging base; but when I installed the most recent firmware and armory programs, the mouse lost the wireless function, lighting ability and doesn't get recognized by the armory program. There was a similar thread about a problem close to this and a admin said to download the latest firmware updates as-per link provided and to do the mouse 1,2 and wheel hold down while unplugged thing, but when I did that nothing happens. I don't know if I'm messing up something here, tech skills very rusty, but I'm at a loss here. Please, any input would be welcome on fixes. If not clear above, as of the moment the mouse only works wired and doesn't work with armory program and has no lights on.
Thanks-
2 REPLIES 2

Kahoh
Level 7
I had the same problem and I just reinstalled the firmware that is given on the Asus Support Website. I read that you have already tried that, but I'm not sure to understand exactly what you have done could you give me more details ?

Hey boss, dunno if it would work for you but I was in a similar boat as you recently. Purchased the mouse, and upon initially plugging it in everything seemed fine until I installed the Armoury software and ran the firmware update. After it "successfully finished", the mouse no longer had any lights, scroll wheel functionality was reversed, wireless mode was completely unresponsive ect. I tried every version of Armoury I could find for updating and firmware update always said it succeeded but would remain on old version with software saying No ROG Device detected. What finally brought the mouse back to life was docking it, while unplugged, into the wireless receiver/charger. Soon as it made contact the lights came back on, software detected the mouse, and firmware showed correct updated version with no updates available upon checking. Don't know if same issue you're having but if you haven't tried docking the mouse in the receiver might be worth a shot. I spent hours troubleshooting before trying that on a whim assuming the mouse being plugged in would trump it being docked smh