cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus A8G temperature high 83C at 2 sessions fifa 15

marcelmaria
Level 7
Best forum lovers

My Asus A8G 1080 I think is quite hot to play 83 degrees after 2 session's FIFA 15.

Is this quite normal?

My other specs are
Asus ROG Formula IX
Asus ROG GTX 1080 A8G
Intel core 7600K
Housing is the Lian Li PC-O8

Motherboard and processor are cooled at the EKWB Extreme set

3 fans as an intake for me radiator in the front

2 fans as intake on top

1 Fan as outake rear case
13 REPLIES 13

panzlock
Level 12
What's your ambient temperature?

VGA fans operating as they should?

I'd also mount the radiator/fans on top and have them blow air out. Front of case sucking clean air into case, thus always maintaining clean airflow from front to back without disruption toward the rear fan which blows the warm air out. This should also help dissipate the heat rising from the VGA. With your setup the air being sucked in by radiator fans is warmed as it passes over the radiator and the air being sucked in from the top disrupts front to back airflow.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

panzlock wrote:
What's your ambient temperature?

VGA fans operating as they should?

I'd also mount the radiator/fans on top and have them blow air out. Front of case sucking clean air into case, thus always maintaining clean airflow from front to back without disruption toward the rear fan which blows the warm air out. This should also help dissipate the heat rising from the VGA. With your setup the air being sucked in by radiator fans is warmed as it passes over the radiator and the air being sucked in from the top disrupts front to back airflow.

The problem in my Lian Li PC-O8 is that fans can not be mounted in the front of my case.

See youtubelink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC0QAIflBZY

marcelmaria wrote:
The problem in my Lian Li PC-O8 is that fans can not be mounted in the front of my case.

See youtubelink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC0QAIflBZY

Can't watch the video, I'm at work, youtube blocked, etc...

Just looking at pictures for that case it seems the radiator fans are offset and do not actually blow any air into the section of the case where your VGA is. Am I seeing this right?

If that's the way it's setup, any air the VGA is dumping into that section of the case is being trapped there. The single exhaust fan cannot move air in significant amounts to dump excess heat out of the case. It needs air flow feed to do this efficiently.

Check the exhaust at the back of your case. Is the air coming out cool or hot? If hot, I'd wager trapped heat is your issue.

And again, what are your ambient temps and are your VGA fans running as they should?

marcelmaria
Level 7
From the front fans there is no cold air towards the VGA.

Some of the top 2 fans in the housing are now blowing cold air
1 fan on the back sucks the heat out. This one does not feel really hot.

Heat in normal use
Fans from temperature 39 - 40
Fans at temperature 79-81

Fans rotate at 81 degrees 2400 RPM on average

Nate152
Hi marcelmaria

Have you tried cranking the fans up on your ROG Strix 1080 with GPU tweak II ?

marcelmaria
Level 7
No, I did not. 2426rpm I personally already enjoy sound

panzlock
Level 12
Questions raised by techreport about that particular case: http://techreport.com/news/28387/dont-throw-stones-inside-lian-li-pc-o8

As soon as I saw pictures of that case I saw the red flags. Your VGA is dumping excess heat directly into that MB chamber. So is the MB itself. The case would be fine if you had a water loop cooling all components but I guarantee the heat generated by existing components is being trapped in that chamber due to poor airflow.

If the exhaust fan is not blowing out hot air, would you say it's warm air at least? Or does it feel cool?

panzlock wrote:
Questions raised by techreport about that particular case: http://techreport.com/news/28387/dont-throw-stones-inside-lian-li-pc-o8

As soon as I saw pictures of that case I saw the red flags. Your VGA is dumping excess heat directly into that MB chamber. So is the MB itself. The case would be fine if you had a water loop cooling all components but I guarantee the heat generated by existing components is being trapped in that chamber due to poor airflow.

If the exhaust fan is not blowing out hot air, would you say it's warm air at least? Or does it feel cool?

Air just feels cold. Is it perhaps useful to change the 2 intake fans on the top to outake and the back fan on the back as an intake?

marcelmaria wrote:
Air just feels cold. Is it perhaps useful to change the 2 intake fans on the top to outake and the back fan on the back as an intake?

Ok...The only thing I can think of is that cool air from the top intake fans hitting the VGA backplate is what the rear exhaust fan is extracting. That same air may be trapping hot air from the VGA at the same level thus preventing the hot air extracted by the VGA cooler from rising because the warm air from the video card is released on the side. As a result it is recycled by the VGA fans thereby keeping the GPU warmer than you'd like.

The radiator intake fans should be located inside the MB chamber, not the PSU chamber. Typically you want front to rear airflow, particularly when you have a video card that dumps heat into the case. You don't have that airflow. Consider mounting intake fans at the front to intake directly into the MB chamber. This case is probably meant for a waterblocked VGA or maybe even full custom water loop. This seems like a poor design for air cooling.