cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is backlight bleed expected with IPS / PG249Q

Pylor
Level 7
Recently upgraded to a 1080ti and a PG249Q from a decade old LCD and the difference has been fairly staggering. The one issue I have is that the first monitor I got came with some pretty bad BLB in the upper right hand corner, especially along the far right side. I RMAed to Amazon and got a new one yesterday, which has a similar issue though it's not as blatant. I'm wondering if it's worth continuing to RMA or if this is about as good as it gets.

First image is of the first monitor I got, as you can see the BLB is pretty bad in the upper right, with about 3 or so inches of it sticking out on the right hand side towards the top. The rest of the monitor was fairly perfect:

Second monitor the bleed isn't as bad, most of it is still in the upper right, but the right hand side isn't as bad as it was before at all. The downside is there's a small amount of bleeding elsewhere along the edge, mostly the bottom left:

Are these as good as it gets? For an $800 monitor I would think there would be less of an issue with this, but I'm unfamiliar with IPS and its issues in general. I will say that neither monitor came with bad pixels.
2 REPLIES 2

Janne-71
Level 7
Lol i can't wait for oled monitors, i have oled tv and it's superb compared to ips. No bleed, no glow, just perfect. Is that high brightness you using? Try lowering it to 25-35 that might make things better.

cljustin
Level 8
Try adjusting the brightness in the ranges of 30-50 and turning blue light features on to level 4.