Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by lobstrain View Post
    Nevermind, it wasn't seated properly. Does not boot with two sticks. Red LEAD, then yellow, the red, etc.
    Try loosening the screws for your H100i a little.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Try loosening the screws for your H100i a little.
    Interesting. I'm basically a noob, so just for my understanding, what might that do?

One thing I haven't tried (because I'm slow) is putting one stick in the second slot and seeing if it posts. I'll try that first and see if it posts.

I've seen users overtightening the screws for their heatsink causing the motherboard to warp and the CPU not making full contact with the pins in the socket. So even at stock 2133MHz speed, the motherboard fails to pick up a certain memory slot.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    I've seen users overtightening the screws for their heatsink causing the motherboard to warp and the CPU not making full contact with the pins in the socket. So even at stock 2133MHz speed, the motherboard fails to pick up a certain memory slot.
    I may very well have this problem. I will report back later tonight. Thanks!

ROG Member Array

Ok so, the issue is most definitely related to the DIMM slot, the one closest to the CPU. I tried loosening the cooler screws as you recommended, but it didn't fix the problem.

Try removing all your components from the case. Put your motherboard on top of the cardboard box that it came in. Use the bare minimum (CPU, CPU cooler, MB, 1 stick of RAM & PSU). See if the slot closest to the CPU works.

If you have a chance to reseat your CPU cooler, inspect the CPU socket for any bent or missing pins as well.

New ROGer Array

I know this is an old thread, but did you manage to resolve this issue? I'm having the exact same problem on the Z270I with 2400 RAM and tried all the suggestions here but no luck. Same slot as well - one closest to the CPU

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2