Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Gladius II - Armoury problems with assinging keyboard functions

PrinceRaccoon
Level 7
Updated !!

This problem does not persist anymore; it was fixed by Armoury Vesion 1.02.19
Thank you 🙂

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I have purchased Gladius II yesterday. I have found that there are problems with assigning a keyboard function.

For example, "Shift" Key does not working (using macro as a workaround), assinging a key does perform only 1 press to a button which means it does not work for some feature in the games that requires holding key such as gear of war 4 (need holding F button to use saw on Lancer Assault Rifle) This issue is a big disappointment to me.

My current FW is 0178 (latest version).

I have tested all 3 available Armoury versions which are listed below.
1.02.07; containing issue described above
1.02.03; almost the same as 1.02.27
1.01.29; no keyboard function assingment issues but there are the other issues (crashed sometime and changing profile with DPI and Side buttons contribute to the auto typing of a key that is assinged to the DPI button)

Is it possible that there would be a new better Armoury Version coming out soon?

Thank you
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
13 REPLIES 13

Tonipt
Level 7
Hi Princeraccoon,

I have exactly the same issue, it is funny because with notepad the keypress works, but not when playing the game (csgo for me).
After spending several hours, yesterday and today, browsing the web I decided to return it to the shop, after all the frustration, at least I can have my money back..
its a shame Christmas is far way... I would hang it on the tree and use the rgb colors of it.. lol

well, for more than 10 years I have been an asus fan, but Im afraid that has ended with this HUGE deception..
as long as I remember this shame of a mouse software.. ASUS wont see another penny from me..

good luck for you my friend!

regards,

Antonio

Tonipt wrote:
Hi Princeraccoon,

I have exactly the same issue, it is funny because with notepad the keypress works, but not when playing the game (csgo for me).
After spending several hours, yesterday and today, browsing the web I decided to return it to the shop, after all the frustration, at least I can have my money back..
its a shame Christmas is far way... I would hang it on the tree and use the rgb colors of it.. lol

well, for more than 10 years I have been an asus fan, but Im afraid that has ended with this HUGE deception..
as long as I remember this shame of a mouse software.. ASUS wont see another penny from me..

good luck for you my friend!

regards,

Antonio

That seems to be a good decision !!
If I could return it, I would do so. In my county, refund is almost impossible for opened products.

This mice is not a cheap one. If I can go back in the past, it will definitely pick other brands, which could provide a better software support.

I am having a similar problem. I have bound button 9 (the "sniper" button) to #3 on the keyboard. It only works in some games, PUBG and Overwatch it seems to work. I can't get it to work in Battlefield 1, Mass Effect Andromeda or Titanfall 2. It registers as MOUSEBUTTON4 and therefore is the same as button 8 (forward button) as I have left this as default. I tried setting a macro instead of a keystroke but that has the same effect.
This is a real shame as I am otherwise quite happy with the mouse but only bought it for the extra thumb button. I tried to email Asus support but it just keep telling me "server busy, please try again later"
Just to clarify I haven't had this issue with mice from other vendors such as Logitech G502, G403, G700, Roccat Nyth, Corsair M95.

I cannot assign keyboard keys in Titanfall 2. Macros do not work either.

In Titanfall 2 all buttons assigned just keep saying 'mouse 5'.

So lets pretend I want to set the sniper button as 'A' using the keyboard option in the ROG Armoury software.
I then go into Titanfall 2 control settings and click on the sniper button to set 'aim' as 'A' in the Titanfall 2 menu....It just comes up as 'mouse 5'.
The same happens with all buttons on the ROG Gladius 2. They all come up as 'mouse 5'.... What is going on?

What is weird is that 'notepad' records the correct set buttons. However Titanfall 2 just comes up with 'mouse 5' no matter what!

As with 'Raaskyl' above I have about 150 gaming mice and NONE of them do this?

I do 'gaming mouse reviews' for my clansite and am in the process of doing a review on the ROG Gladius 2 at present.

Please can someone at ASUS/ROG reply to these posts and give an explanation.

Thankyou in anticipation.

Necessitor wrote:
I cannot assign keyboard keys in Titanfall 2. Macros do not work either.

In Titanfall 2 all buttons assigned just keep saying 'mouse 5'.

So lets pretend I want to set the sniper button as 'A' using the keyboard option in the ROG Armoury software.
I then go into Titanfall 2 control settings and click on the sniper button to set 'aim' as 'A' in the Titanfall 2 menu....It just comes up as 'mouse 5'.
The same happens with all buttons on the ROG Gladius 2. They all come up as 'mouse 5'.... What is going on?

What is weird is that 'notepad' records the correct set buttons. However Titanfall 2 just comes up with 'mouse 5' no matter what!

As with 'Raaskyl' above I have about 150 gaming mice and NONE of them do this?

I do 'gaming mouse reviews' for my clansite and am in the process of doing a review on the ROG Gladius 2 at present.

Please can someone at ASUS/ROG reply to these posts and give an explanation.

Thankyou in anticipation.

I can't provide too much on this problem but we're aware of it but it can't be fixed immediately but will be fixed in the near future. If this is a necessity then I can only recommend that you return it for refund. The situation on this issue is a bit complex in nature that I can't share due to company policies as the information is confidential.

Hi Everyone! I have a similar problem with my new Gladius 2. Just got one yesterday and assigning keyboard function to the different buttons doesn't work. I tried to Macro Keyboard press but it only works once or twice then suddenly wont work anymore. I also tried to use the keyboard function in MMO such as the very Old ragnarok online but to no avail. I still have my trusty old Gladius 1 which all function works fine in all the games I play. I hope we can find a fix for this. 😞

Bahz wrote:
I can't provide too much on this problem but we're aware of it but it can't be fixed immediately but will be fixed in the near future. If this is a necessity then I can only recommend that you return it for refund. The situation on this issue is a bit complex in nature that I can't share due to company policies as the information is confidential.

Thanks for that information. I would not dream of returning the Gladius 2. It's a truly excellent gaming mouse. I will wait for the update.

Necessitor wrote:
Thanks for that information. I would not dream of returning the Gladius 2. It's a truly excellent gaming mouse. I will wait for the update.

I'm just letting you know it may take some time as the issue right now that we're facing internally is not a simple resource related issue. Since I can't share more information I'm estimating that the actual fix will be offered around Q4 of this year. Of course I'm going to keep pushing them to resolve this internal issue as soon as possible so we can move forward to offer this fix for the affected models.

Sounds to me like it's not a big enough issue for them to worry about. Shame because apart from the button issue it was a really good mouse (a bit lighter would have been better). I returned mine and bought a Creative Siege M04, which is very similar but cheaper and I can bind a keystroke to the sniper button.
This makes it 2/2 of ROG products I've returned because of faults and only the third computer component/accessory I've returned ever. I would have thought that considering the premium price you pay for ROG products there would be a bit more testing and quality control.*