Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

Ramblings of old fool

Hi.

As someone not too quick to quit I meddled a bit around stuff...

Seems like I managed to fix my mouse button assignment problems the same way I managed to fix ancient AMD GPU blackscreen problem.

Hold your horses and dare to try:

-Open Device Manager
    -From View tab select Show hidden devices
    -From Mice and other pointing devices find your Gladius mouse:
    -Right click HID-complian mouse
    -Select properties
    -Go to Details tab
    -Find first install date and see if it matches around the time that you got your mouse, remember which one it was.
    -For every other HID-compliant mouse:
    -Right click and select Uninstall device

Now please take care with undeleting stuff if you DO have other devices belonging to this category installed

Good luck, hope this helps for you.

New ROGer Array

I'd like to ask if we could get an update on the issue the original poster of this thread brought up, as Bahz's reply was to a different issue.

I'm also experiencing the issue, though I've only tried the latest software/firmware versions 1.02.17/0180.

Essentially, the 'keyboard key' settings for buttons seem to only send a single keypress when activated, rather than sending proper keystates, which makes them useless for things where you'd want to hold them down (sprint, crouch, hold breath, modifiers for skills in mmos, etc.).

A workaround is to just map mouse4 or mouse5 to the key you want to be able to hold down, and bind that in-game. Of course, you are limited to two this way. Also, if your game doesn't like mouse4/mouse5 as a modifier (mmos, mainly), you can remap the button to alt or ctrl or whatever using autohotkey with a line like "XButton1::alt".

I hope these are only going to have to be temporary solutions, however.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Patchouli View Post
    I'd like to ask if we could get an update on the issue the original poster of this thread brought up, as Bahz's reply was to a different issue.

I'm also experiencing the issue, though I've only tried the latest software/firmware versions 1.02.17/0180.

Essentially, the 'keyboard key' settings for buttons seem to only send a single keypress when activated, rather than sending proper keystates, which makes them useless for things where you'd want to hold them down (sprint, crouch, hold breath, modifiers for skills in mmos, etc.).

A workaround is to just map mouse4 or mouse5 to the key you want to be able to hold down, and bind that in-game. Of course, you are limited to two this way. Also, if your game doesn't like mouse4/mouse5 as a modifier (mmos, mainly), you can remap the button to alt or ctrl or whatever using autohotkey with a line like "XButton1::alt".

I hope these are only going to have to be temporary solutions, however.
    Thanks for sharing this temporary solution.

ROG Member Array

Hi all. My English is not very good but I will try to describe the problem. I have the same problem with this mouse. Problems in the game world of warcraft, spinning camera. Can't configure the extra buttons. Set them using macros is very uncomfortable. I hope that will fix it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2