cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross hair VI hero + 1700x + Corsair Vengeance 3200 : dram yellow light on

mukultripathi
Level 7
Hey guys,

I just jumped AMD wagon and I'm really frustrated after 3 trips to Microcenter. I have before components in my build:

Cross hair VI hero + 1700x + Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz

On the motherboard, dram yellow light is on and the error code 46 is being displayed. I can't even boot into bios. I updated the firmware to 1401 using the USB flash method and still no success. Tried mounting the ram into 4 different slots, same result. Tried all four rams one by one in each slot with same yellow light.

Any help is appreciated!
9 REPLIES 9

HarlemSquirrel
Level 7
I have the same RAM and did not have that trouble before and after updating BIOS to 1201. I haven't tried 1401 beta since things are working well right now

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Johan45
Level 7
What are you using for a CPU cooler?
Are you certain the BIOS updated? You have no way to verify that since you can't boot. Power down, take all the ram out. Clear the CMOS and then boot. You should get a code 0d. Then clear the CMOS again and install 2 sticks of ram in slots A2,B2 and try to boot.

For CPU cooler I'm using Corsair H110i. Will the yellow DRAM light be affected by the kind of CPU cooler?

At this point of time I don't even care for ram frequency, I just want the computer to boot in bios. I'll try putting 12xx BIOS and if it doesn't help I'll make a trip to Microcenter again and get gskill Trident ram.

Any other thoughts guys... Can I boot into bios without any ram?

Johan45 wrote:
Are you certain the BIOS updated? You have no way to verify that since you can't boot. Power down, take all the ram out. Clear the CMOS and then boot. You should get a code 0d. Then clear the CMOS again and install 2 sticks of ram in slots A2,B2 and try to boot.

When I take all the RAM slots out it still gives me error 46 and dram light is on.

I know that the flashing was successful because the blue blinking light stopped blinking after 5-10 minutes or so, but there is no way for me to verify that as I can't boot into BIOS.

Johan45 wrote:

I have issue with DDR4 Corsair, I can´t boot and qcode show 0d, led on is yellow. I tried reflash sometimes , and clear CMOS but it doesn´t work. I sende memory to seller for other diferent stick. anybody do know how repair it?

Similar issues. Crosshair VI WIFI 1700x with Corsair LPX 3200 16gb c16 ram. Half the time it will boot with the stock 3200 settings, rarely on cold boot. Then at random it will go back to default 2xxx speed. h60 cooler. Best i can get stable is 3.9g on all cores and 3200 on ram. No 3400 or 3600 and no 4.0g stable at all.

Johan45
Level 7
Is the CPU LED green? It's up at the of top ram slots.

shervosky
Level 7
mukultripathi wrote:
Hey guys,

I just jumped AMD wagon and I'm really frustrated after 3 trips to Microcenter. I have before components in my build:

Cross hair VI hero + 1700x + Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz

On the motherboard, dram yellow light is on and the error code 46 is being displayed. I can't even boot into bios. I updated the firmware to 1401 using the USB flash method and still no success. Tried mounting the ram into 4 different slots, same result. Tried all four rams one by one in each slot with same yellow light.

Any help is appreciated!

hi everyone, I buyed Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2A2400C16 ver 5.29 and i have the error q-code 'Ad' and yellow led dram.
In the list of memory supported say that this model is supported but with ver 3.31
what can i do?
You can see the other of my pc spec in my profile.

Issues solved with upgrade the bios to CROSSHAIR VI HERO BIOS 1201

gupsterg
Level 13
But you are not getting Q-Code 0d with Q-LED yellow signifying RAM issue.

I suspect you are having memory training error, Q-Code: F9. If you increase Fail_CNT in AMD CBS > UMC Common Options > DDR4 Common Options then for the number set for option UEFI will try to train RAM before going back to defaults. Fail_CNT default value is 1, try 3 or something and fingers cross you will have less change of returning to defaults.

I suspect your RAM is Hynix, which is liked by Ryzen, even on Samsung B die people experience intermittent cold boot issue. Hopefully as UEFI/AGESA progress this aspect will improve.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video