Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

We were able to replicate in PCIEX16_1, but according to reports it happens in any slots. We'll have to look in a different direction. The main difference is PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX8_2 are directly from the CPU, while PCIEX1_1/PCIEX1_2/PCIEX1_3/PCIEX4_3 are from the chipset GPP ports.
    Last edited by elmor; 12-29-2017 at 07:54 AM.

New ROGer Array

Hi,

I have same problems (reboots on start, crashes) with audio card Xonar ST PCI version. Motherboard is ASUS B350 Prime plus and operating system Fedora 27 64-bit. I tried all ports, OC and default settings, nothing helps. Replication is really problem - sometimes it works a few days (my record is seven days) without problem (switching output, changing cards etc.), but in enough time crash will come. On platform AM3 there was no problem. Without audio card everything works OK.

I think Xonar and chipset for Ryzen hate each other.

Robert

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by boban666 View Post
    Hi,

I have same problems (reboots on start, crashes) with audio card Xonar ST PCI version. Motherboard is ASUS B350 Prime plus and operating system Fedora 27 64-bit. I tried all ports, OC and default settings, nothing helps. Replication is really problem - sometimes it works a few days (my record is seven days) without problem (switching output, changing cards etc.), but in enough time crash will come. On platform AM3 there was no problem. Without audio card everything works OK.

I think Xonar and chipset for Ryzen hate each other.

Robert
    Well, if it is happening on other operating systems other than windows we can assume its not driver related.

It has to be something on a hardware level.

if it happens on any of the pci-e ports (the ones controlled by the cpu and the ones controlled by the chipset) perhaps one should be looking on what's common between the 2 (cpu and chipset).

Could it be related to pci-e power delivery? Something detecting the sound card initialization either as a power surge or malfunctioning hardware?

In the AMD Ryzen platform, what controls/checks the power delivery to the pci-e ports?

I am running out of ideas here...

New ROGer Array

Another two settings

Quote Originally Posted by AmxdPt View Post
    Well, if it is happening on other operating systems other than windows we can assume its not driver related.

It has to be something on a hardware level.

if it happens on any of the pci-e ports (the ones controlled by the cpu and the ones controlled by the chipset) perhaps one should be looking on what's common between the 2 (cpu and chipset).

Could it be related to pci-e power delivery? Something detecting the sound card initialization either as a power surge or malfunctioning hardware?

In the AMD Ryzen platform, what controls/checks the power delivery to the pci-e ports?

I am running out of ideas here...
    I can report 2 other settings (one work the other sometimes crash).

I have two of the same cards: Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CMI8788 [Oxygen HD Audio]
    https://www.asus.com/de/Sound-Cards/Essence_STX_II/
    on both machines runs Debian stretch with the newest backports kernel 4.14 (btw other kernels make no difference)

my Home Maschine:
    Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    Product Name: 970 PRO GAMING/AURA
    CPU:
    Socket Designation: Socket 942
    Version: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor

this works!

the club maschine:
    Base Board Information
    Manufacturer: ASRock
    Product Name: AB350 Pro4
    CPU:
    Socket Designation: AM4
    Version: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad-Core Processor

this crashes when I change the Main volume with alsamixer (not always but reproducible by changing wild)

ROG Enthusiast Array

Any news on this?

Thanks

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Still waiting for updates ...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by elmor View Post
    Still waiting for updates ...
    Updates?
    From whom?
    AMD?
    Asus?

Thanks

New ROGer Array

Yea im actually a Systems Administrator and honestly can't figure this one out because its very random. It seems to be conflicting with something as for what it is anyone's guess. I had mine working for 6 months not a single reboot then all of a sudden it starts to reboot again then works for X amount of time again. Trying to spot something that is consistent and there really is nothing besides the "switching" sound. I'm not 100% sure on this but seems like the problem is most likely to happen when you hear the switching sound twice and usually crashes on the second switching sound.

So a good question is why somethings when i open up discord or any game you hear a single click (90% of the time) and other times its a double (10% of the time)?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Legionx View Post
    Yea im actually a Systems Administrator and honestly can't figure this one out because its very random. It seems to be conflicting with something as for what it is anyone's guess. I had mine working for 6 months not a single reboot then all of a sudden it starts to reboot again then works for X amount of time again. Trying to spot something that is consistent and there really is nothing besides the "switching" sound. I'm not 100% sure on this but seems like the problem is most likely to happen when you hear the switching sound twice and usually crashes on the second switching sound.

So a good question is why somethings when i open up discord or any game you hear a single click (90% of the time) and other times its a double (10% of the time)?
    dude I noticed that double switch sound and yes It crashes on second one almost every time when I start discord ! It really is strange :/ not hearing any swithing when I open games though

ROG Enthusiast Array

More than 4 months have passed and this issue still hasn't been solved.

Yesterday it rebooted 3 times in a row.

This is very frustrating guys....

Do you guys have any clue of what the issue is?

This is a piece of premium hardware that cost a lot of money...

Can we please have an ETA on when this is going to be fixed?

Can we, at least, have some feedback other than: "we're waiting"?

We shouldn't have to beg for a solution....

Thanks

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast