Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array Wheity PC Specs
    Wheity PC Specs
    MotherboardZ170-Deluxe
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)16GB 2400Mhz (2 x 8)
    Graphics Card #1GTX980
    Sound CardXonar Xense
    Storage #1Intel U.2 300GB
    Storage #2Crucial 750GB SDD
    CPU CoolerNoctua
    CaseLian Li Benchtable
    Power Supply700W be quiet
    Headset Senheiser 350 bundle from soundcard

Asus Guys

Does no Asus technical guy here, which Forward this to China/Taiwan?

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Wheity View Post
    Does no Asus technical guy here, which Forward this to China/Taiwan?
    So you have trouble reading a page back?

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cool_McCool View Post
    Hello Bahz,

I can confirm that the issue is not yet resolved. I am using the latest available BIOS for the PRIME X370 PRO (0810). A few minutes ago, I tried it again. Using the Asus Audio Center I switched the ouput between "2 Speakers" and "Headphone". It successfully worked 4 times in a row but the 5th time caused the reset of the computer (when the relay clicks the 2nd time). The computer then had issues booting up again (in the moment when the relay clicks right before you can see the Windows login screen). The 2nd cold start finally worked and the computer booted to Windows again. I then tried again to switch the output from "2 Speakers" to "Headphone" and now the computer was reset immediately.

It is quite a bad situation as I used to switch between my stereo speakers and my headphones quite often during a day (used them also for phone conferences). Now I cannot use my headphones anymore as I am afraid of losing work when all my open applications are crashing during the power reset.

Regards
    Cool McCool
    Thanks, I'll pass this info over to our team to test with PRIME X370 board as well.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cool_McCool View Post
    Hello Bahz,

I can confirm that the issue is not yet resolved. I am using the latest available BIOS for the PRIME X370 PRO (0810). A few minutes ago, I tried it again. Using the Asus Audio Center I switched the ouput between "2 Speakers" and "Headphone". It successfully worked 4 times in a row but the 5th time caused the reset of the computer (when the relay clicks the 2nd time). The computer then had issues booting up again (in the moment when the relay clicks right before you can see the Windows login screen). The 2nd cold start finally worked and the computer booted to Windows again. I then tried again to switch the output from "2 Speakers" to "Headphone" and now the computer was reset immediately.

It is quite a bad situation as I used to switch between my stereo speakers and my headphones quite often during a day (used them also for phone conferences). Now I cannot use my headphones anymore as I am afraid of losing work when all my open applications are crashing during the power reset.

Regards
    Cool McCool

Try this

"Hi there EternalChampion, I installed unixonar driver 1.80b-r3 for my STX II and downloaded the official windows 10 xonar DX driver on asus website(they use the same chip Asus AV100 and control panel). Opened device manger and have chosen update driver -> have disk -> pointed out to the xonar DX driver .ini and it works!, audio has clarity and especially DEPTH in it compared to the STX and STX II drivers. Movies come alive and objects fly/float in front of you If anyone tried this I want to know what's their impression
    Hello, last night I had to reinstall my STX II and I did exactly what you said, but using latest xonar unified drivers (W.10 creators update).

STX II + o2 + fidelio x2 -> 8 channel virtual sorround - Now sound is more powerful end enjoyable (for me) in games. 2 channel- More clear while listening some music. I haven't experienced any problem like BSOD,

Thanks for your advice..."

New ROGer Array

I downloaded the UniXonar installer before but the file cannot be extracted with 7zip. Maybe I can try to start the installation procedure and check for temporary files that are being created during the setup process and take the driver out of that location. Thanks for that idea.

However, I noticed that the computer reset is a lot more likely to happen when I switch from headphone to my front speakers. Speakers to headphone usually works. Could be a useful information.

Ex-employee Array

Our team was able to replicate this issue and found a simple fix for this, please see below:
    1) Update BIOS to latest version
    2) Reset BIOS settings to default and save

Please let me know if this helped resolve the issue for you.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Our team was able to replicate this issue and found a simple fix for this, please see below:
    1) Update BIOS to latest version
    2) Reset BIOS settings to default and save

Please let me know if this helped resolve the issue for you.
    Wowowowow thanks so much Bahz <3

Here's what I did (starting without the Essence STX II in my pc): Updated my B350 Prime to BIOS 0806, reset all BIOS settings to default, booted Windows, shut down Windows, installed STX II to pcie slot, booted Windows, installed drivers, everything working fine. Switched several times between headphones and speakers just to be sure. No problems whatsoever. Went into BIOS to change my settings (turn off on board audio, set ram timings and so on) and the card still works perfectly fine.

Thanks again for the help.

Ex-employee Array

Glad to hear the issue is resolved for you and thanks for sharing what steps you took to fix the issue. Thanks.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I am having the same issue with Crosshair VI Hero.

I have tried updating to the latest bios revision available (1501) resetting bios to its defaults values and saving.

I can't install the drivers... in the driver's installation process, the moment the sound card "clicks" the screen goes black and the system restarts...

I have been struggling with this for a long time now... at first I tought it was driver related, but no.

Can anyone help me please?

ROG Enthusiast Array

So i am starting to understand... It boots fine if I'm using bios defaults but the moment i set my settings (3.9ghz cpu and 3333mhz memory) it starts not booting again.

Is this agesa related? Is this cpu related? Motherboard related?

Is there anyone able to help?

Does it make sense to sacrifice performance in order to use expensive quality hardware?

I just upgraded the bios to the latest release (1602) and the problem is still there.

Cmon Asus...

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast