Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

They told me to RMA my card. I'll post an update if they tell me anything else about the issue.

New ROGer Array

they told my that also today! But its a waste of time I guess...there is no problem with the card just with the drivers!

New ROGer Array

POSTE Broom

Hey guys! I think I found I temporary fix!I It woks with me at least! I noticed that every time the pc reboots when attempting to switch audio outputs an orange led lights up on the motherboard and that led is for ram issues (motherboard is rog strix b350f gaming)! So I thought maybe play with ram settings in bios a bit....I already had everything on default in bios...What I did was keep everything as it is (auto) no XMP profile enabled just default settings....I just entered the ram clock to 2133 and manually set the ram timings as the are on the ram stick I have (15 15 17 17 35). (NOTE: Ram is corsair vengeance lpx 2x8 GB 3000Mhz) Last I disabled core boost of the cpu ( its called xfr I think in some motherboards) . My ryzen 1600x now works always at 3.6 all cores not a 3.7 as it s with auto boost by default witch may has some difference in benchmarks but I cant see an difference in games fps so far...so I'm ok with it! Not to mention that the voltage and temperatures stay really low too! Max temp after hous of gaming is 40-42 degrees celcious in all the games I have! I use the system with this settings 2-3 days I often change from speakers to headphone during the day and I had no reboot so far and also no boot failure (cause this happened some times too before). So I hope this helps you at least for now! I know I waste lots of the cpu potential for making the audio card work properly but at least for me with a r9 280x witch is 5 years old gpu, cpu overclocking doesn't make a difference at all so I dont ming the 3.6ghz! But I would really like you to try it to see if it works for other systems too!

New ROGer Array

Forget it....just got a reboot again! :-P.... I'm hopeless!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by nikobeki View Post
    Forget it....just got a reboot again! :-P.... I'm hopeless!
    Trust me, while i appreciate the effort. I'd like to see Asus making that effort. We bought it from them.

New ROGer Array

This time i really got it to work!

Hello! I'm really happy guys the card is working flawlessly now in my system! I entered bios in my b350f gaming mobo (bios version 1001 its the latest one)! then I booted in windows and uninstalled the hd audio drivers of the mobo! I also used Driver Fusion and deleted every audio driver that was left in the system! I rebooted and entered bios again to disable the onboard audio. Also the new thing I tried and its works perfectly is to set the DOCP profile( just changed from auto to DOCP nothing else) for my ram (VENGENCE LPX 2X8GB 3000) ! Saved settings and resseted pc....booted in the windows and installed the drivers! Now stx 2 works perfectly no reboots when changing audio output I changed it about 100 times last 2-3 days just to be sure this time ! My windows is windows 10x64 version 1709! Now the only downside (maybe I don't know yet for sure) is that DOCP 2933profile(the only one I have as option) sets 1.4v on my ram while previous version of bios seted 1.35 witch is the voltage indicated on my dim also! But in previous version of bios also couldn't boot with the DOCP enabled and this was why...ram voltage is increased a bit for some ram models including mine to make them more stable! I haven't tried this before cause I was afraid of the 1.4 ram voltage but what the heck its what asus or amd fix for stabillising ram issues so.... For me it was the ram that created problem guys that's what I realized! Hope these info cat help you From all I described I strongly believe that it was the DOCP profile that just fixed the problem! If I have any problems in the days to come ill inform you ofc!
    Last edited by nikobeki; 11-16-2017 at 06:48 PM.

New ROGer Array

New bios update same like last one!

I updated to the new dios version that came out these days for my mobo (version 3203) then set docp profile on rams no problem again ! I also tried everything default on this version just to check if I get reboots with this version of bios and yes I get reboots like previous versions! So docp on ram and no problem at all!

New ROGer Array

RMA Shenanigans

I shipped my card to the ASUS repair center for North America about two weeks ago, and received an e-mail stating they were returning the card for not being covered by the North America region. Since I bought my card on Amazon and it was sold by a business in the Asia-Pacific region, I have to send my card to them for service.

1) This has nothing to do with the hardware on the card, but I need to RMA it to satisfy ASUS' requirements for support
    2) When I gave ASUS my serial number, they should have known that it was not supported by the NA repair center... because the serial number is how the repair center figured out it came from the Asia-Pacific region
    3) I only spent ~$5 to ship it, but if I had spent more I would be slightly upset at not being reimbursed for what seems to be ASUS' oversight regarding where to ship the item
    4) I now have to call the support center in Japan in order to coordinate a new RMA and method of shipment. This requires calling the international number and shipping the item to Japan, and I have no idea how much that will cost.

I'm beginning to think that spending almost $300 on this card was the worst electronic purchase I have ever made, and I spend a lot of money on crap that I don't need. For anyone who ends up here trying to decide on their card purchase: Don't buy it. Get a standalone DAC for your headphones, or find another solution involving digital audio output from the motherboard. Additionally, be careful when purchasing items from an online retailer and ensure the item is sold by a company in the region you live.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nikobeki View Post
    Hello! I'm really happy guys the card is working flawlessly now in my system! I entered bios in my b350f gaming mobo (bios version 1001 its the latest one)! then I booted in windows and uninstalled the hd audio drivers of the mobo! I also used Driver Fusion and deleted every audio driver that was left in the system! I rebooted and entered bios again to disable the onboard audio. Also the new thing I tried and its works perfectly is to set the DOCP profile( just changed from auto to DOCP nothing else) for my ram (VENGENCE LPX 2X8GB 3000) ! Saved settings and resseted pc....booted in the windows and installed the drivers! Now stx 2 works perfectly no reboots when changing audio output I changed it about 100 times last 2-3 days just to be sure this time ! My windows is windows 10x64 version 1709! Now the only downside (maybe I don't know yet for sure) is that DOCP 2933profile(the only one I have as option) sets 1.4v on my ram while previous version of bios seted 1.35 witch is the voltage indicated on my dim also! But in previous version of bios also couldn't boot with the DOCP enabled and this was why...ram voltage is increased a bit for some ram models including mine to make them more stable! I haven't tried this before cause I was afraid of the 1.4 ram voltage but what the heck its what asus or amd fix for stabillising ram issues so.... For me it was the ram that created problem guys that's what I realized! Hope these info cat help you From all I described I strongly believe that it was the DOCP profile that just fixed the problem! If I have any problems in the days to come ill inform you ofc!
    Out of interest, how many people have the processor and/or memory overclocked?
    Updated to the latest BIOS and saved default settings first?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Out of interest, how many people have the processor and/or memory overclocked?
    Updated to the latest BIOS and saved default settings first?
    I always set defaults before flashing.
    Currently at 1701 bios version for my crosshair vi hero and the issue is still here.

Running my 1800x @ 3.9 and my gskill 3600cl16 @ 3333@cl14

HOWEVER -> with or without OC the issue is there.

I have shown you guys the issue in a clip where I'm running default settings on the bios....

Sent you the dump file aswell...

Any news on this?

This is becoming somewhat ridiculous.... I just want to know how to address it...
    Last edited by AmxdPt; 12-08-2017 at 09:53 PM.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast