Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Out of interest, how many people have the processor and/or memory overclocked?
    Updated to the latest BIOS and saved default settings first?
    I am running with an overclock, but as with AmxdPt, I encounter the issue with and without it applied. Is this issue being actively researched, or do I really need to send my card back for an RMA? If you reference my post above, you will see what I have to go through in order to do that. Even if I send it back, I'm certain the card is not faulty, so it's just a waste of time.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by meinemitternacht View Post
    I am running with an overclock, but as with AmxdPt, I encounter the issue with and without it applied. Is this issue being actively researched, or do I really need to send my card back for an RMA? If you reference my post above, you will see what I have to go through in order to do that. Even if I send it back, I'm certain the card is not faulty, so it's just a waste of time.
    Just updated to the 3008 beta bios and guess what?

The issue is still here....

I feel very very disapointed at asus at this point.

After months of waiting we get no help...

MasterC@ASUS sorry but this is not acceptable
    Last edited by AmxdPt; 12-09-2017 at 11:32 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Be aware that the UNi-Xonar drivers offer different configuration options during install - it is best to start with the minimal install (C-Panel only).

The full install and the Asus install drops additional components into your System folder which can react to your anti-malware programs and in some cases be identified as rogue software.

Check running processes and make sure these are not running on your system...

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\HsMgr.exe
    C:\Windows\System\HsMgr64.exe

If so, kill them and then test your system.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by PeZzy View Post
    Be aware that the UNi-Xonar drivers offer different configuration options during install - it is best to start with the minimal install (C-Panel only).

The full install and the Asus install drops additional components into your System folder which can react to your anti-malware programs and in some cases be identified as rogue software.

Check running processes and make sure these are not running on your system...

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\HsMgr.exe
    C:\Windows\System\HsMgr64.exe

If so, kill them and then test your system.
    What are you talking about?

What are you talking about?
    Title of thread is "[URGENT SUPPORT REQUIRED] PC REBOOT WHEN INSTALLING DRIVER OF ESSENCE STX II"

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by PeZzy View Post
    Title of thread is "[URGENT SUPPORT REQUIRED] PC REBOOT WHEN INSTALLING DRIVER OF ESSENCE STX II"
    I don't think that troubleshooting path is related to this issue, because even if the exact same driver installation steps are followed between a Ryzen and non-Ryzen setup, the Ryzen one will encounter the reboot issue. Additionally, the restarts happen even if you aren't actually installing the driver; I have never encountered them at that point, rather, it's always when I switch from headphones to speakers, or switch the input source.

I don't think that troubleshooting path is related to this issue, because even if the exact same driver installation steps are followed between a Ryzen and non-Ryzen setup, the Ryzen one will encounter the reboot issue. Additionally, the restarts happen even if you aren't actually installing the driver; I have never encountered them at that point, rather, it's always when I switch from headphones to speakers, or switch the input source.
    I was led here by this post http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/r...#post_26492822 and the poster said he had the same problem on an Intel system.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmxdPt View Post
    Just updated to the 3008 beta bios and guess what?

The issue is still here....

I feel very very disapointed at asus at this point.

After months of waiting we get no help...

MasterC@ASUS sorry but this is not acceptable
    The audio team investigated the issue but was not able to replicate. Thanks to the minidump files provided by forum members such as AmxdPt, it appears that the audio hardware and software may not be the catalyst.

The motherboard team will be examining the issue but this will require some time due to the number of platforms they will need to cover. Sorry for the wait, I will post in the thread when a definite answer becomes available. I have avoided providing unverified information, as that may send people on a wild goose chase and waste even more time.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    The audio team investigated the issue but was not able to replicate. Thanks to the minidump files provided by forum members such as AmxdPt, it appears that the audio hardware and software may not be catalyst.

The motherboard team will be examining the issue but this will require some time due to the number of platforms they will need to cover. Sorry for the wait, I will post in the thread when a definite answer becomes available. I have avoided providing unverified information, as that may send people on a wild goose chase and waste even more time.

Same for b350f motherboard! I updated to the latest bios version 3401 and the I have the same issue! reboots when changing audio output! I have no OC to the CPU and I get the issue with ram on default and with ram on DOCP profile as well! Also I noticed issue when using Discord! Every time I open the program the sound card does that clicking sound for some reason and sometimes when I hear the clicking sound pc reboots! Just like when I change audio outputs! I don't know if that helps to identify the source of the problem but I thought I should mention it! Thanks for letting us know that you work on it! Its a step forward

We have been unable to replicate so far, will keep at it. Can I get a summary of which Win10 version and driver you guys are on? For replication, we used Win10 1709 + driver V8.1.11.5

Quote Originally Posted by nikobeki View Post
    Same for b350f motherboard! I updated to the latest bios version 3401 and the I have the same issue! reboots when changing audio output! I have no OC to the CPU and I get the issue with ram on default and with ram on DOCP profile as well! Also I noticed issue when using Discord! Every time I open the program the sound card does that clicking sound for some reason and sometimes when I hear the clicking sound pc reboots! Just like when I change audio outputs! I don't know if that helps to identify the source of the problem but I thought I should mention it! Thanks for letting us know that you work on it! Its a step forward
    You didn't have an issue prior to updating? If so, which version did you update from?

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast