cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus DRAM CLK Period Memory Setting

NIK111
Level 7
Just doing a little Memory tweaking on my Apex mb today and wonder what does changing the DRAM CLK Period Setting from auto to a set number do,is it ok to tweak this,I have found post at another site saying DRAM CLK Period: Can really affect performance and yet overclocking at the same time. A centered value of around 5 or 7 usually gives best performance but it may not be that great for overclocking. A value of 3 or 7 can be good for Command Rate 1T overclocking. Any suggestions on what I should try with my Gskill TridentZ RGB F4-3600C16D-16GTZR memory.
4 REPLIES 4

sdmf74
Level 11
I've come from the future with the same ram to bump your question and finally try to get you your long awaited answer
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

sdmf74 wrote:
I've come from the future with the same ram to bump your question and finally try to get you your long awaited answer
Me too, from the future with bad news- when the revolution finally came all the DRAM experts were the first against the wall.

Maybe try posting somewhere else where you're less likely to be rounded up and can sneak a deviant Q like this in- say Tom's Hardware or Overclockers (if they've haven't been terminated yet as you read this)?

Dvnstad
Level 7
Bump like to know as well.

hornirl
Level 7
Best I could find was here and search for DRAM CLK in the doc.

I've dinosaur DDR3 1600MHz RAM so this works for me and I choose AUTO. Hope this helps.