cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Hero VIII problems (new build)

nikola_a_lukic9
Level 7
Hello,

I recently completed a build with an asus maximus viii hero (z170) motherboard. I have had a few problems with them build and wondered if you could address if any of the issues were normal or if they were indeed the result of a defective board.

1) I cannot seem to disable csm due to a vga support error. I have a gtx 660 would this device need such legacy support?

2) the motherboard posts for 8 seconds before a click is heard and then i see a brief loading screen into windows. is this normal and is it due to the csm system checks? I have an nvme drive and wanted to experience quicker system boots (2 seconds not 12).

3) when put to sleep on windows 10 a click is heard (like a power on/down) and if woken after a long time this takes upwards of 30-40 seconds to wake. Much longer than even the 12 second cold power on.

notes: my i5-6600k is on stock settings, and the dram is corsair lpx 3000 mhz with xmp enabled. I am running the most recent bios available.
when the system begins to post, i see the led's on the side of the panel light up and the cpu fan spins up for a brief moment. on waking
from sleep it takes upwards of 30 seconds with no visible activity followed by a 100% cpu fan for 2-5 seconds.

Thanks

[/HR]
Maximus hero viii motherboard
intel i5 6600k stock (air cooled cryorig h7)
corsair lpx 3000mhz 2x4gb
evga gtx 660
wd black 256 m.2 nvme, wd blue 1tb 7200rpm hdd
phanteks glacier white p400tgs
Asus Z170 Maximus Hero VIII
I5-6600k (cryorig H7)
Corsair 3000mhz DDR4
WD Black NVME 256gb/1tb 7200rpm HDD
EVGA GTX 660
EVGA bronze 600W
0 REPLIES 0