cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CH6 issue with fans getting stuck on max/high RPM bios 1401 & 1403.

Baskura
Level 8
Hello,

I did also PM this directly to @elmor on Overclock.net.

I seem to have some sort of bug with bios 1401, which is also present in bios 1403.

When I benchmark my system hard, or play an intensive game my fans (both CPU fans and case fans) get stuck at whatever peak RPM they reached/max RPM.

It also appears that it can happen at random, as I came home from work today to find my fans running at a higher than usual RPM, yet my system fully functional and working as normal. To clear the problem I have to reboot, but the issue will come back next time I do something intensive.

Prior to 1401/1403 I never had an issue.

I've noticed a few others have also reported this on the Overclock.net thread with the previous bios (1401).

I reset the bios to optimized defaults both times and have also tried clearing the CMOS - this hasn't made any difference and the issue persists.

Fan setup is as follows:

• CPU_FAN - Y-splitter connected to 2x 140mm Noctua radiator fans.
  • CPU_OPT - Y-splitter connected to a further 2x 140mm Noctua radiator fans.
  • AIO_PUMP - My H115i header is connected to this for pump RPM readout.
  • CHA_FAN1 - Not connected.
  • CHA_FAN2 - 120mm Corsair HD120 case fan (top).
  • CHA_FAN3 - 120mm Corsair HD120 case fan (rear).
5 REPLIES 5

FredFlint
Level 8
My CPU fans (2*sp120 on PWM Y splitter) would stay @100%. I had to change from PWM to DC as that’s the only thing that would stop it. I have not tried the new beta BIOS’s though, I’m on 1201.

Corsair Vengeance® LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)

1403 bios
Ram did not work properly
Value did not work when I entered
2666 default vs 3066 mhz working
3200 mhz not working

1401 bios
2666 default working
Works properly when you enter values
16.16.16.16.39 voltage auto 3200 mhz Stable working

Raja
Level 13
Baskura wrote:
Hello,

I did also PM this directly to @Elmor on Overclock.net.

I seem to have some sort of bug with bios 1401, which is also present in bios 1403.

When I benchmark my system hard, or play an intensive game my fans (both CPU fans and case fans) get stuck at whatever peak RPM they reached/max RPM.

It also appears that it can happen at random, as I came home from work today to find my fans running at a higher than usual RPM, yet my system fully functional and working as normal. To clear the problem I have to reboot, but the issue will come back next time I do something intensive.

Prior to 1401/1403 I never had an issue.

I've noticed a few others have also reported this on the Overclock.net thread with the previous bios (1401).

I reset the bios to optimized defaults both times and have also tried clearing the CMOS - this hasn't made any difference and the issue persists.

Fan setup is as follows:

• CPU_FAN - Y-splitter connected to 2x 140mm Noctua radiator fans.
  • CPU_OPT - Y-splitter connected to a further 2x 140mm Noctua radiator fans.
  • AIO_PUMP - My H115i header is connected to this for pump RPM readout.
  • CHA_FAN1 - Not connected.
  • CHA_FAN2 - 120mm Corsair HD120 case fan (top).
  • CHA_FAN3 - 120mm Corsair HD120 case fan (rear).

Submit into this, please.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeWovVLyETJTI4-6r0h5SDzj8muLTjAGfoszKqZoySBOb684w/viewform

Raja
Level 13
Thanks!