Mouse Pad Razer Sphex
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G51 surround.
    OS Windows 10 Professional
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC86
    Accessory #1 Philips Ambx set.
    Accessory #2 Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Accessory #3 Wacom Bamboo Create

Quote Originally Posted by syldon View Post
    Vega had its first testing yesterday by Pc perspective. This is a card designed for a professional workload rather than gaming, something the Titan XP is aimed at. There has been mention of driver optimisation, and possible better optimisation of Vega gaming cards over the next month. But it does give a first look at the potential of the GPU and how it will fare. My personal opinion is that Vega will be a better multi card set up than Nvidia, but fail as a single card alternative. Time will tell on that one.
    It is all going to hang on the drivers. Unfortunatly the PC Perspective is still using the workstation and ESPECIALLY the Workstation drivers. Workstation drivers are completely different from consumer drivers only featuring heavy optimization for Compute tasks while often having functionality that is vital for gaming, but useless for Computation disabled. Some people have already pointed out that there seems to be no Rasterization and perhaps not even a Primitive discard functionality. Which in the case of the latter if it's true means a LOT of untapped gaming potential.

I wouldn't be suprised that if the RX Vega and the consumer drivers come out and assuming AMD did their jobs that when that time comes a completely different set of results can be expected. I'm not joking or exagerating when i say that ive seen up to 50% differences in performance from drivers in the past so who knows??

My oppinion is that nothing is yet certain. Untill we see a proper gaming vega with appropriate drivers i wouldn't say Vega is going to be a flop, but i also ain't saying it is isn't going to be one either. Going to give it a fair chance and see if AMD does indeed still have a trick or 2 up it's sleeve in regards of the drivers.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array syldon PC Specs
    syldon PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus crosshair VII
    Processor2700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR4 F4-4000C18Q-32GTZKW running at 3466 14-14-14-28
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1080
    Graphics Card #2MSI 1080
    Sound Cardon board
    MonitorAsus PB287Q X 2
    Storage #1480gb M2 samsung m961
    Storage #21tb 850 evo and 2tb 850 evo
    CPU Coolercorsair hydro 110i
    Casegeneric
    Power Supplytitanium 1600w platinum
    Keyboard corsair strafe
    Mouse logitech g700
    Headset logitech g930
    Mouse Pad corsair duo
    OS Windows 10 po
    Network RouterVirgin media super hub 2
    Accessory #1 https://imgur.com/KRQSu70

Quote Originally Posted by Nighter3D View Post
    It is all going to hang on the drivers.
    It has already been said that the drivers supplied were near finished drivers, so any improvements will be unlikely to hit 50%. MSI sales team have already said RX Vega will have major improvements. They vested interests in the sales from Vega so that's slightly biased, but they wouldn't say it unless there was something to write home about. We will find out in a month's time.

ROG Enthusiast Array Nighter3D PC Specs
    Nighter3D PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1600
    Memory (part number)CMU16GX4M2C3200C16R
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1080-8G
    MonitorSamsung 21" 2032bw
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 850 250gb
    Storage #23* Western Digital Caviar SE16 500gb
    CPU CoolerAMD stock cooler
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850i
    Keyboard Logitech G15
    Mouse Razer Mamba TE
    Headset Beyerdynamic DT990
    Mouse Pad Razer Sphex
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G51 surround.
    OS Windows 10 Professional
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC86
    Accessory #1 Philips Ambx set.
    Accessory #2 Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Accessory #3 Wacom Bamboo Create

Quote Originally Posted by syldon View Post
    It has already been said that the drivers supplied were near finished drivers, so any improvements will be unlikely to hit 50%. MSI sales team have already said RX Vega will have major improvements. They vested interests in the sales from Vega so that's slightly biased, but they wouldn't say it unless there was something to write home about. We will find out in a month's time.
    I found one thing that makes me go "Huh?" on the PC perspective review. They namely also say "The one caveat to this is that the Vega architecture itself is still unoptimized in the driver". (is on Page 2 under "Not optimized for gaming FAQ"). So they write the review as if everything is recent and that this is how it most likely will work, yet they casually mention that Vega isn't optimized like it isn't a big deal... What?!?

Maybe im a bit outdated on this, but last time i checked the architecture being properly optimized is vital for all functionalities (especially new) to function how it should be. Is why i don't take such reviews that seriously these days. Trying to predict everything with certainty while ignoring a "caveat" that honestly is a rather big deal. It really will depend on the actual release a month from now. Anything might happen. Maybe you are right, Maybe PC perspective is right, Maybe MSI is right. No certainty anywhere. Only speculation :<

This thread has gone a wee bit off-topic. The issue is resolved afterall and has kind of turned into a Vega discussion.
    Shouldn't we get a moderator to close the topic?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2