Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by tbkizle View Post
    Asus Z97-AR
    i7-4790k
    Crucial DDR3-1600 16GB RAM
    Asus GTX760 DC2 OC
    Windows 10 64-bit 1703(15063.483)
    Nvidia v382.53
    Software list from other post for reference ( https://gist.github.com/doadin/467a1...529b515584f3f7 )

I hope this is all thats needed if anything is missing let me know. More than happy to help!
    Thanks for this info, it looks like you have a lot of software installed. I'm going to assume it's likely a software related conflict that's causing this. The wrong value in GPU-Z which I think what you're referring to is likely caused by driver issue. Maybe you can try using DDU to clean up all existing drivers then reinstall to latest Nvidia driver. The wrong clock issue has been fixed for awhile now and I confirmed it with a lot of people that it's already fixed.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by frederickpca View Post
    I noticed the same problem here after installing Strix 1080Ti OC.
    Desktop slow and slow also to appear images of applications. Example: Run command screen.
    Configuration: 6700k, 1080Ti Strix, Gene VIII, Balistix 4x4 3000mhz. Samsung 850 evo. Nvidia drivers: Last and now return for 382.05
    Windows 10 64Bits. Version: 1703 Build: 15063.483
    Do you happen to have Sonic Studio installed? If you have an ROG board, the chances of having Sonic Studio installed is very high so we're still trying to verify if the lag issue is caused by Sonic Studio. If you do have Sonic Studio installed then try uninstalling it to see if you're still experiencing the lag/freezing issue. On my system which I'm using an ASUS board that doesn't have Sonic Studio, I'm not getting any lag at all.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Do you happen to have Sonic Studio installed? If you have an ROG board, the chances of having Sonic Studio installed is very high so we're still trying to verify if the lag issue is caused by Sonic Studio. If you do have Sonic Studio installed then try uninstalling it to see if you're still experiencing the lag/freezing issue. On my system which I'm using an ASUS board that doesn't have Sonic Studio, I'm not getting any lag at all.

Yes, I had installed it, but I unsubscribed, cleaned the entire registry and I still have the same problem.

I noticed that the problem occurs when I stretch, or pull the monitor down to see all the sensors. If I open GpuTweak and do not tamper with the monitor, nothing happens.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edit:
    I did another test, uninstalled everything related to asus and installed GpuTweak again. 1.4.7.3. And the previous version as well. I really realized that the problem is in the program monitor, if I open the program without the monitor, nothing happens, but if I open the monitor the problem comes back. I remember that recently I acquired a 1080 Ti strix oc, before I had a 1070 strix oc and that problem did not happen. He used with 1070 the same gputweak as now, 1473.
    Last edited by frederickpca; 07-21-2017 at 01:03 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array antomime PC Specs
    antomime PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorI7 5960X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill DDR4 2666mhz
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1080 o/c
    Graphics Card #2GTX 1080 o/c
    MonitorASUS 21, 28 ROG Srift
    Storage #1Samsung M.2 & SSD's
    Storage #2Seagate 8tb X3
    CPU CoolerCustom
    CasePhanteks- Enthoo Primo
    Power SupplyCorsair 1000w
    Keyboard Corsair K70 Red
    Mouse Corsair MMO mouse
    Headset Asus 7.1 Strix
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliath
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterTP-Link

Quote Originally Posted by antomime View Post
    1.4.7.3 Temp fix & is working so far...... disbale live update & the monitor.
    Attachment 66029
    Just to update, Zero Issues since using these settings.
    I Can open & close GPUtweak2 with zero issue as well. So all issues i had are gone/hidden i guess for now.
    Will just have to manually update & guess if i want to monitor i'll try GPU-Z in the mean time, but i have no need to monitor.........
    Also Windows or something reinstalled Asus HM & Com Service & they are working with it now. - with the settings above.

Edit: Unless i run as Admin, then issues show up when playing games & i click on GPUtweak2

Edit 26/07: going to give as much info as possible, in case it helps in anyway.

Card: ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/...Desk_Download/

Motherboard: X99 Asus Rog Rampage V Ed.10
    https://www.asus.com/nz/Motherboards...Desk_Download/

All the software thats run in background when issues appeared:
    Asus ROG 7.1 https://www.asus.com/Headphones-Head...Desk_Download/
    Corsair utility engine http://www.corsair.com/en-eu/scimita...o-gaming-mouse
    discord https://discordapp.com/
    ts3 https://www.teamspeak.com/en/downloads.html#client
    GPUtweak2 - Current Version 1.4.7.3 https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/...Desk_Download/
    firefox https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/
    xingcode3 With the game i'm playing: black desert online https://www.blackdesertonline.com/
    windows10built in - antivirus/defender
    Windows 10 64bit creators update: Version 1703
    Windows gaming mode & gamebar disabled.

I Do not run Geforce Experiance, nor Nvidia HD audio driver
    GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 384.94 July 24, 2017
    GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 384.76 June 29, 2017
    GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 382.53 June 9, 2017
    are the display drivers, Clean installed i've run with.

Issue there on old windows install with Asus Drivers.
    Issue still there are Fresh Windows install, Windows 10 drivers instead of Asus Drivers
    Issue there & worse on older versions of GPUTweak2 Specificly: 1.4.5.2
    Known issue Asus HM & Com service caused issues, But since has worked with them, so could of been a 1 off thing.
    Known issue 2, Running as Admin causes issue to appear even when "temp fix" of disbaling Monitor & Live update, were as running without Admin mode & having those disabled doesnt cause issue & is currently a working fix for me.
    Last edited by antomime; 07-26-2017 at 10:20 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Thanks for this info, it looks like you have a lot of software installed. I'm going to assume it's likely a software related conflict that's causing this. The wrong value in GPU-Z which I think what you're referring to is likely caused by driver issue. Maybe you can try using DDU to clean up all existing drivers then reinstall to latest Nvidia driver. The wrong clock issue has been fixed for awhile now and I confirmed it with a lot of people that it's already fixed.
    Hi, yes i think the issues I was having before are fine now. I was only referencing that post for the software list which is still the same today.(except probabbly software versions) I was just posting here for the freezing/lag issue. Which I would have to test more but does seem that disableing the monitor fixes it? Not sure yet.

ROG Member Array

No, unfortunately it does not fix the problem if you just turn off the monitor. I have tested here and found that only open GpuTweak can also cause crashes and freezes on and delays on windows. Test from version 1.4.4.6 until current and the problem is the same. Interesting that we did not have this problem with the 1070 strix. Only with the 1080Ti strix does this occur.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by frederickpca View Post
    No, unfortunately it does not fix the problem if you just turn off the monitor. I have tested here and found that only open GpuTweak can also cause crashes and freezes on and delays on windows. Test from version 1.4.4.6 until current and the problem is the same. Interesting that we did not have this problem with the 1070 strix. Only with the 1080Ti strix does this occur.
    You are right. It does NOT fix the issue. It is definitely a software issue as using other gpu tweaking software works just fine.

ROG Member Array

The left panel has text that is see-through. Not sure if thats a feature or not. Excuse the post if this has already been mentioned.
    tweakII v1473
    nvidia v384.76
    strix 1080
    win7 sp2

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Y5QprQA.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	350.2 KB 
ID:	66194

ROG Member Array

unlucky for me, when i try to install GPU TWEAK II i always get this 1608 error
    STRIX 1070 O8G........i just notice previous user saids this is a bios problem? my video card bios's problem???

Ex-employee Array

Thank you all for taking the time to provide back with this information. It appears quite a few people confirmed that the lag/freezing issue occurs when the GPU Tweak monitor is open. We'll look into this further as I can't replicate it and neither can our software team. I'm thinking it's most likely caused by software conflict with another program. To find what program that is will be the task to accomplish..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast