Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak II v1.4.7.3 Released [report all bugs in this thread]

Bahz
Level 12
GPU Tweak II v1.4.7.3 released

Download at the link below:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/app/GPUTweak2_Ver1473_20170627.zip?_ga=2.197574383.1114205214.1...

Patch Notes:
1. Improved font readability with revised font
2. Fixed an UI related issue where parts of the software was not being displayed properly
3. Resolved the software conflict issue between GPU Tweak II and AURA software
4. Fixed a bug where running the stress test in FurMark ROG edition would have a pop-up indicating that the software has "stopped working"
5. Fixed a bug where using multiple cards in SLI or crossfire would cause the monitor tab to close or stop working if running any 3D application in full screen mode
6. Fixed a bug where four AMD cards in 4-way crossfire would prevent GPU Tweak II from starting up properly
7. Fixed a bug where reinstalling to a newer version of GPU Tweak II would cause the 0dB feature to not function properly

Please report all bugs in this thread and include your full system specifications, OS, graphics drivers, and full details on how to replicate the issue. Thanks.
66 REPLIES 66

ivo63
Level 7
Hi bahz for me nothing change the fans between 25% to 29% spinning on/off continualy with last version of bios (tool quiet), on my gtx 1080 oc 8gb 11gbps*
instead with original bios it wasvery good no problem.
How I can install default bios? *

cpu I7 6700k
memory DDR4 2133 MHZ
SSD Samsung
Motherboard Asus z170 Pro gaming
bios motherboard last *
version drver nVidia last 383.53
Gputweak 2 1.4.7.3*

ivo63 wrote:
cpu I7 6700k
memory DDR4 2133 MHZ
SSD Samsung
Motherboard Asus z170 Pro gaming
bios motherboard last *
version drver nVidia last 383.53
Gputweak 2 1.4.7.3*

This should just be a BIOS issue, please contact tech support to see how you can revert to previous vBIOS

Thank I have already contact the support many many time but nothing
I hope as I write you in pm that you can *intercede for me

@Bahz

I am running the following software on windows startup
Asus GPU Tweak II -> version 1.4.6.6 and 1.4.7.3
Logitech gaming software v8.87.116 (Mouse and Keyboard settings)
CoreTemp 1.8.1
Creative Soundblaster Z Controlpanel (for Creative ZxR Soundcard)
GPU-Z v2.1.0 (Republic of Gamers Skin-Edition)

The windows lag does not come every time.

I could reproduce the lag/bug on my system by starting and closing the monitor.exe very often.

C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\GPU TweakII\monitor.exe

The lag can begin if I start the monitor.exe OR it can start too, if i close monitor.exe.

But I cannot find out why it happens.

I am not sure, but I think the bug has something to do with "COM Surrogate" in Task-Manager, whatever this process means.

I found out that, if you start the monitor.exe, this process starts too for a short time, but after a few seconds it closes again.

But when the bug happened, this process didnt close.

Maybe this will help you to find the bug.

Here two screenshots of my taskmanager when the bug happened.
The first one shows you my tasks, with monitor.exe startet
The second one shops you my tasks, with monitor.exe stopped (COM Surrogate didnt stop)

Atifan wrote:
I am not sure, but I think the bug has something to do with "COM Surrogate" in Task-Manager, whatever this process means.

I found out that, if you start the monitor.exe, this process starts too for a short time, but after a few seconds it closes again.

But when the bug happened, this process didnt close.

Maybe this will help you to find the bug.

Here two screenshots of my taskmanager when the bug happened.
The first one shows you my tasks, with monitor.exe startet
The second one shops you my tasks, with monitor.exe stopped (COM Surrogate didnt stop)

i googled that and i found this site that said that the service has something to do with controling thumbnails. they have a lot of things you can try
http://windowsreport.com/com-surrogate-windows-10/
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
Corsair Hydro Series H115i
G.SKILL Trident Z 3200mhz 64gb 4x16 timings 16,18,18,38
asus rog strix gtx 1080
TOSHIBA 3TB hdd 3x a total of 9tb, 10 tb hdd and a 1tb mushkin ssd
corsair axi 1200i 1200 watt psu
thermal take view 71 case

Sprayingmango
Level 10
Thank you!! This has fixed the issue with the monitor window disappearing for me. 🙂 🙂

Thank you for your quick response to the issues, give my thanks and appreciation to the software team.