Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Atifan View Post
    Hi,
    I just tried GPU TWEAK II V1.4.7.3, but it brings my system to stocking in windows.
    My desktop does not freez, but all goes very slow. If i open a program, it takes much seconds until it opens.
    If i open gpu-z and switch the index tabs, it hangs and takes a lot of time until it switch in another tab.
    I deinstalled and reinstalled, but same problem again.
    The stocking starts as soon I "apply" to new Profile-Settings in GPU TWEAK II V1.4.7.3.
    Then I went back to GPU TWEAK II V1.4.6.6 and everything fine again.

I watched the processes in task-mananger, but i could not see anything with high cpu or memory load.
    But I think there is a bug in V1.4.7.3

Here are my specs:

CPU: I7 2600k @ 4,5GHz
    MAINBOARD: Asrock P67-Pro3
    RAM: 16GB DDR3-RAM
    SSD: Samsung 840 PRO
    NVIDIA DRIVER: 383.53
    GPU TWEAK II V1.4.7.3
    I got similar issue, slow motion and then freeze and then win10 blue screen............
    then dpc watchdog violation memory.dmp........
    occured few times...... I giveup and install back to previous version... system back to normal....

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have the same issues now with 1.4.6.6 too, but not so often like with 1.4.7.3

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi, maybe the freeze is not because of Asus GPU Tweak II Software.
    I just had a lag/freeze in windows and started to close all processes, one after one.

As I closed the process "dwm.exe" -> Desktop Windows Manager, the lag/freeze was away.

I try this next time if I get a lag/freeze with GPU Tweak II.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I reproduced the lag with opening the monitor.exe of GPU Tweak II.
    Then I openend the Windows Task Manager -> go to "details", where you see all running processes in detail -> closed dwm.exe and then my desktop was fast again.
    Maybe this is not an GPU Tweak II bug. I googeld dwm.exe and found more reports of freezing/lagging windows.
    I will deactivate AERO Design and watch if it helps.

ROG Enthusiast Array antomime PC Specs
    antomime PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorI7 5960X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill DDR4 2666mhz
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1080 o/c
    Graphics Card #2GTX 1080 o/c
    MonitorASUS 21, 28 ROG Srift
    Storage #1Samsung M.2 & SSD's
    Storage #2Seagate 8tb X3
    CPU CoolerCustom
    CasePhanteks- Enthoo Primo
    Power SupplyCorsair 1000w
    Keyboard Corsair K70 Red
    Mouse Corsair MMO mouse
    Headset Asus 7.1 Strix
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliath
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterTP-Link

Just got a 1080ti o/c Strix, installed GPUtweak2 newest somce on the 980ti strix it was great!
    Got this Lag explorer issue in windows 10 64bit, happens after opening up the software from the task bar then minimising it again. Everytime. repeatable issue. to fix obvious task manager to shut it down since its the only way i can (if i can a few times i cant) then open the app Via start menu, works fine again.... until i open it up.

Issue only appeared after GPUtweak2 was installed.

Noticed this time GPUtweak2 doesnt run at start up as Admin, like it used to?!?! is it not supposed to anymore?

Does appear to be the monitor part & update part. the App main part seems to work.
    Last edited by antomime; 07-02-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by antomime View Post
    Just got a 1080ti o/c Strix, installed GPUtweak2 newest somce on the 980ti strix it was great!
    Got this Lag explorer issue in windows 10 64bit, happens after opening up the software from the task bar then minimising it again. Everytime. repeatable issue. to fix obvious task manager to shut it down since its the only way i can (if i can a few times i cant) then open the app Via start menu, works fine again.... until i open it up.

Issue only appeared after GPUtweak2 was installed.

Noticed this time GPUtweak2 doesnt run at start up as Admin, like it used to?!?! is it not supposed to anymore?

Does appear to be the monitor part & update part. the App main part seems to work.
    Neither of those occur for me and I also use Windows 10 64-bit

What programs do you have installed and running, can you list them please?

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by joseph lai View Post
    I got similar issue, slow motion and then freeze and then win10 blue screen............
    then dpc watchdog violation memory.dmp........
    occured few times...... I giveup and install back to previous version... system back to normal....
    Can you share your full system specifications including OS and list of programs installed? Is your system currently overclocked or on stock settings?

Please also list current graphics card driver.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Atifan View Post
    I reproduced the lag with opening the monitor.exe of GPU Tweak II.
    Then I openend the Windows Task Manager -> go to "details", where you see all running processes in detail -> closed dwm.exe and then my desktop was fast again.
    Maybe this is not an GPU Tweak II bug. I googeld dwm.exe and found more reports of freezing/lagging windows.
    I will deactivate AERO Design and watch if it helps.
    Thanks for this info, can you update again once you've tried that?

ROG Enthusiast Array antomime PC Specs
    antomime PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorI7 5960X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill DDR4 2666mhz
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1080 o/c
    Graphics Card #2GTX 1080 o/c
    MonitorASUS 21, 28 ROG Srift
    Storage #1Samsung M.2 & SSD's
    Storage #2Seagate 8tb X3
    CPU CoolerCustom
    CasePhanteks- Enthoo Primo
    Power SupplyCorsair 1000w
    Keyboard Corsair K70 Red
    Mouse Corsair MMO mouse
    Headset Asus 7.1 Strix
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliath
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterTP-Link

Asus ROG 7.1
    Corsair utility engine
    discord/ts3
    xingcode3 (black desert online)
    windows - antivirus/defender
    GPUtweak2

(i dont have geforce experiance or the HD nvidia Driver installed)

Hardware: https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/...MING/overview/

Edit: just done a FRESH Windows 10 64bit install, all updated e.t.c. (x99 Ramage V extreme Ed.10, well its all Asus so yeah)
    GPUtweak2, Asus ROG 7.1 once it was installed, loaded up Black Desert Same issue appeared straight away, literally the only 3 programmes installed so far.

Edit2:
    Uninstalled GPUtweak2, reset PC, Probliem solved.
    Also
    Random werid in game stutter i thought was just desync is gone as well since uninstalling GPUtweak2. could of been desync but its been present after the fresh install & old install when i installed GPUtweak2 - Asus 1080ti (from Gigabyte 1080's HB SLI.)
    didnt think much about it until now that its gone.

my guess is Sonic Suite/Studio/2/Radar Pro e.t.c. is the cause, since all Asus ROG software seems from experiance to have an issue with it.......... And its menchioned multipul times in the notes that its been "fixed"
    https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/...Desk_Download/

& if im right i only have the Centurion ROG version installed as its needed, So specificly in this case: Asus ROG 7.1 with its Sonic Radar Pro would be the software to test with it. https://www.asus.com/Headphones-Head...Desk_Download/
    The Rampage V extreme Ed.10 i use the window 10 update audio drivers instead since it has no issues & no sonic suite/studio/radar e.t.c. to interfer with the headsets software., Which is does from experiance, Mainly because they are 2 different version of the same type of software....
    https://www.asus.com/nz/Motherboards...Desk_Download/

FW/Bios for perment base gaming mode would be nice if they cant get this issue fixed

Edit3: Using MSI Afterburner in the meantime, Zero Issues so far - Other that speed & Boosting not being stable like GPUtweaks were.
    Last edited by antomime; 07-04-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by antomime View Post
    Asus ROG 7.1
    Corsair utility engine
    discord/ts3
    xingcode3 (black desert online)
    windows - antivirus/defender
    GPUtweak2

(i dont have geforce experiance or the HD nvidia Driver installed)

Hardware: https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/...MING/overview/

Edit: just done a FRESH Windows 10 64bit install, all updated e.t.c. (x99 Ramage V extreme Ed.10, well its all Asus so yeah)
    GPUtweak2, Asus ROG 7.1 once it was installed, loaded up Black Desert Same issue appeared straight away, literally the only 3 programmes installed so far.

Edit2:
    Uninstalled GPUtweak2, reset PC, Probliem solved.
    Also
    Random werid in game stutter i thought was just desync is gone as well since uninstalling GPUtweak2. could of been desync but its been present after the fresh install & old install when i installed GPUtweak2 - Asus 1080ti (from Gigabyte 1080's HB SLI.)
    didnt think much about it until now that its gone.

my guess is Sonic Suite/Studio/2/Radar Pro e.t.c. is the cause, since all Asus ROG software seems from experiance to have an issue with it.......... And its menchioned multipul times in the notes that its been "fixed"
    https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/...Desk_Download/

& if im right i only have the Centurion ROG version installed as its needed, So specificly in this case: Asus ROG 7.1 with its Sonic Radar Pro would be the software to test with it. https://www.asus.com/Headphones-Head...Desk_Download/
    The Rampage V extreme Ed.10 i use the window 10 update audio drivers instead since it has no issues & no sonic suite/studio/radar e.t.c. to interfer with the headsets software., Which is does from experiance, Mainly because they are 2 different version of the same type of software....
    https://www.asus.com/nz/Motherboards...Desk_Download/

FW/Bios for perment base gaming mode would be nice if they cant get this issue fixed

Edit3: Using MSI Afterburner in the meantime, Zero Issues so far - Other that speed & Boosting not being stable like GPUtweaks were.
    Thanks for the information, it's a little hard to follow but I'll do my best to pass this information to related teams.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast