cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G702VM Normal CPU Temp ?

LordLarsa
Level 7
Hello!

I bought a Asus ROG G702VM-GC002T Laptop the 16 december, and I was wondering what was the average CPU temperature out gaming and in game? As we are in summer, it's rather hot, at least the room is maybe around 25° i would say. I dl Coretemp, and it indicates that my CPU is around 50-55°c just by browsing internet pages without any other app opens, and yesterday by playing Sims 4 it grew up at average 85°c with high peak of 90-92°c ! And I just wanted to test, I almost didn't play, just opened the game, and just observed CoreTemp.

So my question guys is: is it normal? Okay it's summer, it's hot but i still kind of surprise that it reaches such high temp by just opening Sims4?

Thanks for your answer!
4 REPLIES 4

Eleiyas
Level 10
could be dusty inside the unit, maybe try cleaning it?

I can try but it's strange cause I pay really much attention to the surfaces, I always clean a surface before putting my computer on it. I never use it in the bed, or whatever. And it's young. Such temps are dangerous for any component inside?
Thanks

Eleiyas
Level 10
I would say that mid 80's is about the acceptable limit -

however it seems a bit unusual that your unit is hitting 90+ (which is a bit too high) when playing something like the Sims4.

I would definitely check for dust, as even though you may clean everything regularly, you still will have dust in the air.

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
I would say that mid 80's is about the acceptable limit -

however it seems a bit unusual that your unit is hitting 90+ (which is a bit too high) when playing something like the Sims4.

I would definitely check for dust, as even though you may clean everything regularly, you still will have dust in the air.

Thanks for your answer, anyway do you think such temps 85- 90+ is dangerous for the components inside? For exemple if I continue to play everyday?