cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia's next GPU

Smiggy
Level 10
Hello.

I wanted to know what Nvidia's next GPU going to be this year??

Another Pascal GPU, or the first edition of Volta?
17 REPLIES 17

panzlock
Level 12
Fairly certain Nvidia is going to counter Vega with Volta. If you follow their release pattern they are set to drop a new architecture following the release of the 1080 Ti and Titan Xp.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

panzlock wrote:
Fairly certain Nvidia is going to counter Vega with Volta. If you follow their release pattern they are set to drop a new architecture following the release of the 1080 Ti and Titan Xp.

Hi,

The 1080Ti has been released though.

When is the TitanXP going to be released?

Smiggy wrote:
Hi,

The 1080Ti has been released though.

When is the TitanXP going to be released?

That's my point. Nvidia's next step is to release Volta.

GTX 1080 Ti: March 10, 2017

Titan Xp: April 6, 2017

Volta should be next.

Smiggy
Level 10
I see, sorry!

I've been told Vota will be able to conquer 4k gaming with ease no matter how demanding the settings are?

Korth
Level 14
NVIDIA "leaked" info about this a long time ago. A lot of details are still "rumour" and still speculation.
An important unknown is when AMD will choose to launch Vega, and how NVIDIA will choose to respond.
GPU card makers (like ASUS, lol) will know details if anything's scheduled before Q1/2018 - but will also be legally compelled to reveal nothing.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-volta-gpu-leaked-2017-2018/
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/57177/nvidia-launch-next-gen-volta-based-geforce-q3-2017/index.html
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Eleiyas
Level 10
Could be Volta, or the supposed refresh of the Pascal line (like AMD did the with RX500 series).

Smiggy
Level 10
I think, I'll pass on Pascal, and wait for Volta. Friends tell me, it could potentially play games at 5k!!!!!

Smiggy wrote:
I think, I'll pass on Pascal, and wait for Volta. Friends tell me, it could potentially play games at 5k!!!!!

At this point yes, you might as well. With rumours billing Volta's arrival for late 2017, early 2018 and Vega being released at the end of July it makes little sense to buy Pascal.

panzlock wrote:
At this point yes, you might as well. With rumours billing Volta's arrival for late 2017, early 2018 and Vega being released at the end of July it makes little sense to buy Pascal.

What are the speculated performance details? I've read somewhere it might very well be 5 times more powerful than Pascal?