cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Repair center still has my laptop and it's almost been a month

Strk17
Level 7
I purchased a GL502VM less than 7 months ago, the performance of the laptop was great, I could run all the tools that i needed to develop software applications for my customers and game on it if necessary. However I started to notice that my screen had the keys embedded/scratched onto the screen (you could see the square key on the screen). Called support and they told me this was clearly an engineering design flaw and was covered under warranty.

On June 3 I sent my computer to a repair center in Texas via UPS costing me $87 two day shipping because I needed it back quickly for my business.

I get notified that on June 7 they received it and on June 9 they ordered the replacement screen.

Since then I have not received any new notifications to the RMA website until I called support. They told me that on June 13 the replacement screen arrived and its still under the repair status.

After calling technical support they keep telling me that the case has been escalated and to wait 24 to 48 hours (i've done this 4 time already).

My question is why does it take so long for Asus to do a simple screen replacement. I've done multiple screen replacements for laptops when I worked as a computer repair tech, and I can tell you this is by far a 2 to 3 hour job not weeks!

At this point I'm getting ready to consider this laptop as a loss as it's costing my business significant amount of money as well. I probably will not be buying any Asus products any more knowing how long it takes to do simple repairs.

UPDATE!

Just called support again at June 29 1:35pm PST and the customer support agent told me that they are REPLACING MY MOTHERBOARD (HOLY S**T). This is going way too far, this is for scratches on the the display no issues with the motherboard!
14 REPLIES 14

xeromist
Moved to service inquiry area for visibility to ASUS.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Bahz
Level 12
Strk17 wrote:
I purchased a GL502VM less than 7 months ago, the performance of the laptop was great, I could run all the tools that i needed to develop software applications for my customers and game on it if necessary. However I started to notice that my screen had the keys embedded/scratched onto the screen (you could see the square key on the screen). Called support and they told me this was clearly an engineering design flaw and was covered under warranty.

On June 3 I sent my computer to a repair center in Texas via UPS costing me $87 two day shipping because I needed it back quickly for my business.

I get notified that on June 7 they received it and on June 9 they ordered the replacement screen.

Since then I have not received any new notifications to the RMA website until I called support. They told me that on June 13 the replacement screen arrived and its still under the repair status.

After calling technical support they keep telling me that the case has been escalated and to wait 24 to 48 hours (i've done this 4 time already).

My question is why does it take so long for Asus to do a simple screen replacement. I've done multiple screen replacements for laptops when I worked as a computer repair tech, and I can tell you this is by far a 2 to 3 hour job not weeks!

At this point I'm getting ready to consider this laptop as a loss as it's costing my business significant amount of money as well. I probably will not be buying any Asus products any more knowing how long it takes to do simple repairs.

UPDATE!

Just called support again at June 29 1:35pm PST and the customer support agent told me that they are REPLACING MY MOTHERBOARD (HOLY S**T). This is going way too far, this is for scratches on the the display no issues with the motherboard!

I'm sorry to hear about this experience, please send me a PM with the following information and I will have our Taiwan service team follow up with the local service team.

Product S/N:
RMA#:
Case# ID:

Thanks.

Bahz wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about this experience, please send me a PM with the following information and I will have our Taiwan service team follow up with the local service team.

Product S/N:
RMA#:
Case# ID:

Thanks.

sent. thank you.

Bahz
Level 12
Thanks, I have already passed it over to our Taiwan service team to further escalate this.

Bahz wrote:
Thanks, I have already passed it over to our Taiwan service team to further escalate this.

Honestly, if its going to take another week, just have them send the parts to me and ill fix it myself.

Bahz
Level 12
We'll have them contact you as soon as possible but I don't think it's possible to send parts to users to operate on the notebook, that isn't normal procedure and it also voids the warranty. Regardless if that's what you prefer to do, I doubt it's a possible option, we can only do what we can to escalate the case so that they resolve this as soon as possible.

I'm loosing money and customers because of incompetent repair techs at asus. Why have I not been told yet as to why the motherboard has to be replaced for a display that was scratched.

WHY???????

It will be exactly over a Month coming this 7/8 of this month. I really cannot believe this, will not be buying an asus brand after this.

Bahz
Level 12
I will follow up again and we'll push them to help get this notebook back to you as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Got my laptop back on Monday but started having display issue as the screen started going black for no apparent reason. Now its to the point where the screen is on but is blank/black at start up. I did a clean install and reinstalled the drivers still has not fixed the issue (clearly a hardware issue).

You guys took a perfectly working machined and made it even worse. This is unacceptable how bad do the tech at the repair center have to be to mess up something this easy to fix.