Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Asus Repair center still has my laptop and it's almost been a month

    I purchased a GL502VM less than 7 months ago, the performance of the laptop was great, I could run all the tools that i needed to develop software applications for my customers and game on it if necessary. However I started to notice that my screen had the keys embedded/scratched onto the screen (you could see the square key on the screen). Called support and they told me this was clearly an engineering design flaw and was covered under warranty.

    On June 3 I sent my computer to a repair center in Texas via UPS costing me $87 two day shipping because I needed it back quickly for my business.

    I get notified that on June 7 they received it and on June 9 they ordered the replacement screen.

    Since then I have not received any new notifications to the RMA website until I called support. They told me that on June 13 the replacement screen arrived and its still under the repair status.

    After calling technical support they keep telling me that the case has been escalated and to wait 24 to 48 hours (i've done this 4 time already).

    My question is why does it take so long for Asus to do a simple screen replacement. I've done multiple screen replacements for laptops when I worked as a computer repair tech, and I can tell you this is by far a 2 to 3 hour job not weeks!

    At this point I'm getting ready to consider this laptop as a loss as it's costing my business significant amount of money as well. I probably will not be buying any Asus products any more knowing how long it takes to do simple repairs.

    UPDATE!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	65672


    Just called support again at June 29 1:35pm PST and the customer support agent told me that they are REPLACING MY MOTHERBOARD (HOLY S**T). This is going way too far, this is for scratches on the the display no issues with the motherboard!
    Last edited by Strk17; 06-29-2017 at 08:46 PM.

  2. #2
    TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade
    xeromist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Reputation
    294
    Posts
    7,403

    Moved to service inquiry area for visibility to ASUS.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

    < < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

  3. #3
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by Strk17 View Post
    I purchased a GL502VM less than 7 months ago, the performance of the laptop was great, I could run all the tools that i needed to develop software applications for my customers and game on it if necessary. However I started to notice that my screen had the keys embedded/scratched onto the screen (you could see the square key on the screen). Called support and they told me this was clearly an engineering design flaw and was covered under warranty.

    On June 3 I sent my computer to a repair center in Texas via UPS costing me $87 two day shipping because I needed it back quickly for my business.

    I get notified that on June 7 they received it and on June 9 they ordered the replacement screen.

    Since then I have not received any new notifications to the RMA website until I called support. They told me that on June 13 the replacement screen arrived and its still under the repair status.

    After calling technical support they keep telling me that the case has been escalated and to wait 24 to 48 hours (i've done this 4 time already).

    My question is why does it take so long for Asus to do a simple screen replacement. I've done multiple screen replacements for laptops when I worked as a computer repair tech, and I can tell you this is by far a 2 to 3 hour job not weeks!

    At this point I'm getting ready to consider this laptop as a loss as it's costing my business significant amount of money as well. I probably will not be buying any Asus products any more knowing how long it takes to do simple repairs.

    UPDATE!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	65672


    Just called support again at June 29 1:35pm PST and the customer support agent told me that they are REPLACING MY MOTHERBOARD (HOLY S**T). This is going way too far, this is for scratches on the the display no issues with the motherboard!
    I'm sorry to hear about this experience, please send me a PM with the following information and I will have our Taiwan service team follow up with the local service team.

    Product S/N:
    RMA#:
    Case# ID:

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about this experience, please send me a PM with the following information and I will have our Taiwan service team follow up with the local service team.

    Product S/N:
    RMA#:
    Case# ID:

    Thanks.
    sent. thank you.

  5. #5
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Thanks, I have already passed it over to our Taiwan service team to further escalate this.

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Thanks, I have already passed it over to our Taiwan service team to further escalate this.
    Honestly, if its going to take another week, just have them send the parts to me and ill fix it myself.

  7. #7
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    We'll have them contact you as soon as possible but I don't think it's possible to send parts to users to operate on the notebook, that isn't normal procedure and it also voids the warranty. Regardless if that's what you prefer to do, I doubt it's a possible option, we can only do what we can to escalate the case so that they resolve this as soon as possible.

  8. #8
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    I'm loosing money and customers because of incompetent repair techs at asus. Why have I not been told yet as to why the motherboard has to be replaced for a display that was scratched.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chat support.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	65790


    WHY???????

    It will be exactly over a Month coming this 7/8 of this month. I really cannot believe this, will not be buying an asus brand after this.

  9. #9
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    I will follow up again and we'll push them to help get this notebook back to you as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

  10. #10
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Got my laptop back on Monday but started having display issue as the screen started going black for no apparent reason. Now its to the point where the screen is on but is blank/black at start up. I did a clean install and reinstalled the drivers still has not fixed the issue (clearly a hardware issue).



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen on.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	156.2 KB 
ID:	66021


    You guys took a perfectly working machined and made it even worse. This is unacceptable how bad do the tech at the repair center have to be to mess up something this easy to fix.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •