cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what GPU to choose???

ddmeltzer8
Level 7
Hi.
I have a pc I built 2 months ago and I now want to install a graphics card.
But I am totally green!
I dont want to spend more than 300 usd and I want to play at 1080p.
And I want to be able to play newish games at med-high settings.Not necessarily ultra settings.
I have listed all my specs in my profile.

Please help me!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
36 REPLIES 36

Eleiyas
Level 10
ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti would be easily able to go to 1080p and it's in the right price bracket for you.

or, if you prefer AMD, you could go for

ASUS ROG STRIX RX560; it's an even cheaper option

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti would be easily able to go to 1080p and it's in the right price bracket for you.

or, if you prefer AMD, you could go for

ASUS ROG STRIX RX560; it's an even cheaper option

R u sure they both r compatible?
PCIe slots and lanes and all that other stuff? I dont know much about this,as I`m sure u know by now...
Do they get power through pcie or do I need to pull wires from my psu?
I also have NO idea about the differencies between Nvidia and AMD!!!

I would also like to know when they were released,I dont want the absolutely newest!

I hope I`m not too difficult.

Thanks.

Eleiyas
Level 10
Any graphics card should be compatible with most newer motherboards.

A graphics card will need to be inserted into a PCI-e 2.0 or 3.0 slot, which your board has.

Graphics cards always get power via 8-16pin cables from the PSU.

Differences between AMD/nVidia are usually price and some clock speeds, also these cards are also not exceptionally new, but not super old either.

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
Any graphics card should be compatible with most newer motherboards.

A graphics card will need to be inserted into a PCI-e 2.0 or 3.0 slot, which your board has.

Graphics cards always get power via 8-16pin cables from the PSU.

Differences between AMD/nVidia are usually price and some clock speeds, also these cards are also not exceptionally new, but not super old either.

Thanks for all the help!
I have decided to go with the gtx1050ti with 1379/1506Mhz(boost) c-speed,the rx 560 (OC) had only 1336Mhz,so...
And I have checked that I have power cable for it.
I always like to do some solid research before buying something like this online and when I built my pc.it took me almost 2 weeks!-as I was a complete noob.
But I think I got a good system that I can upgrade easily if I need to.

Anyways,thanks for ur time and I`ll let u know how it goes.
They r out of the card now and I have to wait to july 7.-I`m using a online store here in Norway where I bought all my components.Its a lot easier if something would go wrong and I had to return anything!

Thanks,have a nice day.

ddmeltzer8 wrote:

I have decided to go with the gtx1050ti with 1379/1506Mhz(boost) c-speed,the rx 560 (OC) had only 1336Mhz,so...

remember though, that the nVidia card is almost 80€ more expensive just for 20Mhz extra clock speed 😉

I'm glad I could help you out and I hope all goes well with your new system 🙂

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
remember though, that the nVidia card is almost 80€ more expensive just for 20Mhz extra clock speed 😉

Its more like 120Mhz and its only about 30 usd here!I think that makes it worth it,and theres also my gut-feeling.I have learned to listen to it after collecting info and researching an item.It has neever let me down yet.

Cheers.

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:

There is one other thing I want to make sure of:my psu is 500w and I want to make sure its enough!I dont plan any other upgrades soon.

haihane
Level 13
Do you want to consider GTX 1060?

The jump in performance between 1050ti and 1060 is rather huge.
On mobile. Will show references and reasoning after I find place to sit and type.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
Do you want to consider GTX 1060?

The jump in performance between 1050ti and 1060 is rather huge.
On mobile. Will show references and reasoning after I find place to sit and type.

As far as I'm aware, the GTX1060 has less Video Memory and around the same clock speeds...