cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G752 - Screen not loading sometimes

Kixo7
Level 7
Hey everyone.
My G752 has recently started doing something strange. Sometimes when I turn it on the screen will be all distorted and have lines running through it and you cant make out any picture at all and after it does that for a few seconds, just go's completely black. The laptop stays switched on however nothing visual is seen.

The only way to restart the laptop is to turn it off and on via the on/off button and once you do this, the laptop is back to normal.

Now I have been thinking why this would happen. I haven't dropped it and I haven't downloaded anything suspicious or used the laptop differently in any way other than Windows had a large update the other day so I updated that. If this is a coincidence or maybe it is at fault, I'm not sure.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

CladMaster
Level 7
Press F2 when you start the laptop to enter BIOS

Press F9 to load defaults.

Press F10 to save and reboot.

See it that fixed it.

Bill
Level 7
Hello Kixo7
How's your laptop now? Did you try CladMaster's suggestions?
Are you able to make a small video showing this matter?
If you are unsure what to do next, i would suggest to send your laptop for RMA
Our engineers will check your unit for you, thank you

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes actually a couple of weeks ago Middle of June, MS did put out a update that cause me some BSOD Issues and other issues as well, drove me crazy for a while trying to figure it all out then last Tuesday they came out with another update that seems to have cleared all the issues I was having. Insure you have installed kb4022716-x64 also insure you have the latest driver from NVidia installed 382.53
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Kixo7
Level 7
Hey everyone.
So I gave CLADMASTER's actions a go and unfortunately it did not work. My laptop is still acting up.

Clintlgm, could you please explain in detail how to do what you recommend as I am a beginner when it comes to anything like this.

Thanks

Kixo7
Level 7

CladMaster
Level 7
WOW ---- Never seen that before !

I think you need to RMA that laptop and send it in to ASUS for repair.

CladMaster wrote:
WOW ---- Never seen that before !

I think you need to RMA that laptop and send it in to ASUS for repair.

Damn. It is out of warranty now too.. this will be the second time in 5 months I have to RMA. First time being the charger port and motherboard. It was under warranty then.

Shoot off a PM to cl-albert or Bahz, maybe they can help you? there both Asus Employees
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Shoot off a PM to cl-albert or Bahz, maybe they can help you? there both Asus Employees

I called ASUS today and they have told me to do a complete Windows Restart which I will do if the problem happens one more time (because I need to back up the laptop first).

I will keep you all updated on what happens.