cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 1080Ti just died... :(

Shadowdane
Level 9
R.I.P. Asus GTX 1080 Ti OC Strix!

Shows artifacts at stock clocks after the card gets above 68-70C and will usually hard lock or crash the game the any game after ~5-6 mins. Have to underclock it by -250Mhz to keep it from artifacting/crashing.

https://youtu.be/-C_zs0M7Ez0

The RMA process really is a complete joke compared to EVGA. Previously I had been going with EVGA graphics cards going all the way back to the 8800 Series cards. Had done RMA process with EVGA twice in the past so was pretty familiar with EVGA's RMA process. Anyway got an RMA approved with ASUS for this but a little annoyed they have nothing like Advanced RMA like EVGA does. I'd be happy to pay to get a cross-ship a new/refurb card like EVGA does. But it's not even an option to do this. I wasn't actually originally planning to get an ASUS card but they had them in stock well before EVGA released their 1080Ti models.

Now I'm kinda leary about my Asus Maximus VIII Hero motherboard & Asus GL502VM laptop.. Hopefully those continue working for many years to come!
1 REPLY 1

Eleiyas
Level 10
in what way is our RMA process a joke? if you could provide more information on this, we can improve our service in the future 🙂