cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRIX GTX1080 o8 11gbps another issue?

ivo63
Level 7
Hi today I have see that set the gpu fan speed to 27% the fan on the left near to 0/I panel or near to dvi/hmdi plugs is always stop no working instead the other two go properly....*

bye*
6 REPLIES 6

ivo63
Level 7
here:

HOW I'M HAPPY

Marcello_S
Level 7
I'm assuming you already tried tweaking the fans' speed. I suggest you to RMA the card in this case.

Si Marcello, quando si blocca non parte neanche a 60 gradi della gpu, chiesto la sostituzione... scrivo in madrelingua, tanto qui non mi ca.. no molto...*

Ciao, questo acquisto è un incubo per non parlare del servizio clienti, presa una telefonata dopo avere fatto la voce grossa, ora tutti spariti. Il problema è il bios fallato tool quiet sul sito ufficiale.**

panzlock
Level 12
Which software are you using? I experienced the exact same issue with my 1070 when I tried to set the fan curve below 36% using GPUT II and below 27% using MSI AB. In these configurations the fans would constantly spike between 0% and the lowest allowable percentage depending on which software I used. After a while I noticed that the middle and right fans spun continously and the left most fan remained dormant, not spinning at all. I had to reset the fan curve and apply it again before everything went back to normal for a short while until the problem occurred again.

Before you RMA the card adjust the fan curve and see if it allows all three fans to operate consistently. I suggest you use MSI AB as it has better optimization options and allows a fan curve as low as 27% with ASUS Strix VGA's.

Set the fan curve in a similar fashion to mine taking into account your own maximum temperature needs and/or preferences and use the hysteresis option (circled in red) which helps with fan spiking. Set that number somewhere between 5 and 10 and see if your fans operate as they should. If it doesn't work at first try increasing the percentage to 28, then 29 and so on until you get to maybe 35 or so. If this doesn't work then you may need to RMA the card.

I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

Thank will try

bye*

Marcello_S
Level 7
Spero ti si risolva al più presto il problema ivo 😉 Posso chiederti dove hai acquistato la scheda grafica?