cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is your Asus support

bigoldbrat
Level 8
Wow this is now a closed thread with this message at the end of my post, after months of hopes for a resolution. I can't believe this is a resolution to anything. My rig is the G752VSK with the same issue, the thread was on GL502VS DISCHARGING WHILE PLUGGED-IN started on 11/09/2016 you can check it out at https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88742-GL502VS-Discharging-while-Plugged-in.

I spent over 4500 US $ for 2 Asus laptops in January 2017. I'm supposed to RMA for a credit to get another model Asus, no!. Never again Asus and never will recommend. Did I say never? NEVER!!!

Bahz
Administrator

For all users affected by this discharging issue, please follow the following stepsFor all users affected by this discharging issue, please follow the following steps:
1. Update to the latest BIOS version (302) and verify if the issue is resolved
2. If issue isn't resolved or you’re not satisfied with the current solution, please contact customer service for RMA and request for a credit back. Customer service will assist you with the application for the credit back.
3. We recommend that you consider going with a different series ROG notebook or an ASUS gaming series notebook, please visit your local resellers for additional details on available models in your country.

We apologize for all the inconveniences caused, please send me a PM with the following information if you encounter any issues during this process:

Product serial number:
RMA#:
Case ID#:

Thanks,
Bahz
7 REPLIES 7

Clintlgm
Level 14
So you were looking for a resolution for a G752VX by posting a thread about a GL502? two different notebooks only being similar by the brand name. Interesting that you have the same problem with both notebooks? Charging issues are usually resolved by RMA your notebook, most have been MB issues rather than software issues? If Asus indeed can't fix it then of course you should get your money back. I haven't paid any attention at all to the GL sub forum so don't have any idea what is going on over there.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Julskey
Level 10
But, in this case, Asus representatives acknowledged a fault in the device.*

Eleiyas
Level 10
Could you please explain your anger?

The company is offering to give you full credit back for a faulty GL502... I don't see why so many people are annoyed at that.

bigoldbrat
Level 8
Ok,
Cladmaster >did you see this FAQ<
Not new to laptops and how they operate. Did you read the 55 pages of posts on that thread?
Clintlgm >So you were looking for a resolution for a G752VX by posting a thread about a GL502<
Read the thread it's more than just that notebook, why start multi threads for the same issue.
>Charging issues are usually resolved by RMA your notebook<
Read the thread, rigs come back with the same issue.
Eleiyas >Could you please explain your anger? The company is offering to give you full credit back for a faulty GL502.<
Maybe you have many pc and laptops laying around for your personal use. I have 1 (the other was for my wife) and I need it to live. When I upgrade I plan ahead to buy another. Not in my budget to get another while I wait for a credit after the RMA process. 8 months on the issue is a long time when you are affected! They say to consider a different series, really! They are still selling and RMA returning multiple "series" to customers with the problem. Pick your poison...

Hmm if this has been ongoing for 8 month, I suggest you PM Bahz or cl-albert both Asus Employees that may be able to help you resolve the issue. This forum is basically a user to user help forum. There are a few Asus Employees people that come in.
I agree 8 month is way to long to resolve an issue
I don't read the post in the GL Sub Forum, they don't relate to the G Series notebooks
I personally have had 2 RMA on my old G75 VW the 2nd fixed everything and the notebook was still working great when I handed it down to a family member 4 years later.
I learned early on that members the have cl-*** are Customer Loyalty Representatives and can be quite helpfully Dealing with Asus Repair Centers at least here in the states.

While we all are here because we had issues, most have been resolved user to user, or hardware defects have been detected and RMA recommended Thousands of units are sold with no issues at all those people never show up here. So far my G752VY has no issues little things that have come up were covered here or answered rather quickly. I also spend a lot of time on the Window 10 Forums, everyone has more or less been forced onto windows 10, and there are many issue that are related to windows 10.

I hope you get your issue resolved Asus RMA and Repair can be a real nightmare, as you said if your effected!!!!
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Dr4g0n36
Level 10
I've ordered my G752VSK one month ago, arrived 3 week ago with VERY VISIBLE screen bleeding (bad assembly). Local Store made a DOA and a brand new G752VSK come to store Yesterday. Opened in place, same bleeding AND no keyboard functionality (even in BIOS) and power-on on connecting PSU. Contacted ASUS support and told me do do a system recover...until that they would not authorize another DOA (newly 10 days to wait). SO....system recover if i can't write??? or press ESC to enter BIOS??? or press any key everywhere??? come on ASUS...worst is that i'm working for ASUS marketing (promoting area). GG ASUS, go home, you are drunk